Pages

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Baby #4, weeks 24-31

I have missed a ton of pregnancy updates this pregnancy, so I wanted to a little bit of a catch up. My last update was finding out we were having another precious baby boy. After that, Nate and I went to Florida and that was when I really started feeling super great and loving pregnancy again ;). May was extremely busy for me, as I mentioned before, so it really flew by. Really, this entire pregnancy has flown. I'm already buzzing through the last trimester and time doesn't seem to be slowing down yet!
Possibly the worst moment was when I came down with the stomach flu the night before I was shooting a wedding. Let me just tell you, throwing up at 7 months pregnant is not fun. You Mom's that have awful morning sickness--my hats off to you that you keep having more kids! I wouldn't do it, I know myself. I'm a wimp. Give me labor and delivery any day over that!
 At around 28 weeks, I had my glucose test as well as an ultrasound to check on my placenta. As usual it was a little low, but as of now it's moved to where it's supposed to be. Praise the Lord! The best part was seeing my precious little man again--seriously amazing. He was all smooched against the placenta, but she was still able to get a pretty decent 3D shot for me and I really fell in love with him more than ever.
24 weeks, 28 weeks & 30 weeks
As usual, my braxton hicks have started in full swing. My body likes to prepare early, even though I don't necessarily deliver very early. But when the time comes, it's fast, and I attribute that to my weeks...and weeks...and weeks of braxton hicks and eventually contractions.
 And speaking of labor--this time around we are going with a birth center and I am SO excited about it. I really needed to switch Doctors (much to my disappointment--they were amazing) because of fast labors and the minimum 40 minute drive to the hospital. I did a lot of research and really looked into water birth, because I would love to labor and possibly birth in a tub depending on how I'm feeling at the time. The only place that even had tubs to labor in was a birth center about 25 minutes away, so I went for a tour at the beginning of my pregnancy and fell in love. They have all of the equipment there for infant resuscitation, if, God forbid, it's needed, as well as IV's, medicines and pitocin for hemorrhaging, a wonderful relationship with the hospitals, etc, etc. I was so impressed with all of this, and since I've been blessed with 3 natural deliveries and no complications, Nate and I made the decision to switch to them. It has been amazing. I've worked with midwives since my first pregnancy and anyone who has knows how special they are! I have friends who have delivered there, and another friend due one day after me who is delivering there as well, which is so much fun!

 Anyway, other than sore feet at the end of a long day, a really bad digestive system (ehem) and feeling like I can't breathe at night--I'm doing great! And yes, rolling over and getting out of bed is officially an act of congress. I'm not complaining--every day with this sweet boy (name TBA at birth ;) inside of me is a true gift. I love every single movement, even when he does push against my bladder and crush the living daylights out of my lungs. I cherish every moment of this pregnancy, even the discomforts, and am so thankful that God has chosen me to carry another life into this world.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

YAY! Been wondering where your updates were. :) I know you are busy and life just gets away with all of us. You look great...cannot wait to meet your little guy too. :)

Popular Posts