Pages

Saturday, September 10, 2011

The Joy of Reading

It's been way, way too long since I've gone to the library. As in, my almost 2 year old has never stepped foot in one. I finally took the kids last weekend and we had a great time. Other than the fact that Joey is way to LOUD to behave how you are supposed to in a library, which is pretty much how you should act at a catholic funeral. Yeah, that wasn't happening. 

Brooklynne, however, was the perfect little library poster child.


Then the train came by outside, which was quite a highlight of the day!
See? Sweet Girl.
Believe it or not, he sat for 3 seconds to read "Skippy Jon Jones." 
I love them. The little joys of my life!



I plan on making library trips a tradition--the way I grew up. It's great that I can get books too-- I love to read and haven't done it much in the last few years. I am excited about that changing now. :) Who are some of your favorite authors?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

We love our library too!! My daughter LOVES the Froggy books...they are hilarious. The only thing we "read" different is when mommy froggy or daddy froggy calls Froggy, he says "Whaaaaaaaaaat?" in response, we change that to "Yes Ma'am/Sir?" so it is a bit more respectful. There are quite a few books in the series and they are written by Jonathan London. CUTE BOOKS!!! You children are going to love the library! :)

Amy Jo said...

Love it, Love it! I love watching you- through the blog- soak up your sweet kids! You're such a cool mom Jenna.:) There is something so special about little things like library trips that mean so much. Adorable pictures- esp Joey with Skippy John Jones.:)
Amy
Ha... mom saw someone today and had to look twice thinking it was you!

mrsfredknapp said...

Beverly Lewis. I love her books. I got saved in Lancaster, PA so her books bring me to a special place. Plus nearly every one of her books includes someone getting saved. Other than that I read mostly non-fiction.

Popular Posts