Pages

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Texas Fall

Fall is arriving in central Texas. This simply means that the tempature's are dropping below the 100's during the day and the mornings and evening are in the 60's and 70's. This feels so amazing to us that have been hating the heat for the past several months. This morning I went and ate breakfast outside--wearing a hoodie! It was probably 70 degrees which is very cool for us. The sad part was, I could smell the smoke from the awful wildfires which actually came within a mile of our house today. It passed and we were ok, but many people are not ok and almost 1000 homes have been destroyed. Firefighters are tirelessly to try to control it and are going way too long without sleep. God bless them!


With "fall" comes the things that most of us do in the summer...walks, picnics, playing outside--anything that has to do with "outside" makes me happy, since we've been cooped up for a few months!
How I have missed our nightly (or at least 4 times a week nightly) walks! Nate pushing the kids and me walking the dog. Or the dog walking me.
Our little piece of "country"---a beautiful bike trail that we love to walk on, talk and solve all of life's problems.
The kids have been wanting to get out and walk, which slows us down and makes me wonder how many less calories I'm burning, but they are burning more. So good for them!
Coming out of the trail, this was the beautiful view I saw. Texas skies are gorgeous. Almost as good as New York skies. Almost. (I underexposed a little here to get the beauty of the sunset )
I'm trying to get in more pictures with my kids, and their doll...and Buddy...for memories sake, you know.
Watching my daughter run ahead with the sunset in the background--just beautiful. Way to make my heart happy. And a beautiful way to end one of our last night's of summer.

I am jealous of the beautiful fall weather my northern friends are starting to enjoy, but I realize in about 2.5 months when they get their boots full of snow just walking out of the house, scraping off ice from their windshield, so frozen they can hardly move, seeing nothing but white while they drive and sliding on ice, they will be jealous of me. So, bring it on, Texas fall. After that comes Texas winter and I can hardly wait!

P.S. I realize that Joe seems to be a bit neglected in this post. It's not "second child syndrome", I promise. It's "he doesn't want his picture taken" syndrome, thus the lack of his face in these pictures. ;)

2 comments:

Deb said...

LOL about Joe =) Adorable post! Can't wait to get there to enjoy the weather, although I am LOVING our fall this year!!

lyss said...

We broke out our stroller the other day, too. Funny how 90* can feel cool!
So true about firefighters. Ben's search & rescue team tried to take Bastrop firemen fresh food and drinks, but were not allowed. He said they work 18-30 hr. shifts, and only have whatever food and water they take on their trucks. Crazy.

Popular Posts