Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Rekindling the Spark

It was time. Time for some moments alone, time to look at each other and talk, time to rekindle the flame and remember why we got married in the first place. No kids, no friends, just us. It had been to long and it was time for a night out.

Nate took me to a new upscale pizza place and we immediately loved it when we walked in the door. It was quiet and romantic but fun at the same time. We had looked at the menu before hand (of course) and knew what we wanted--a white special. White pizza with ricotta, mozzarella, sausage, fresh tomatoes and garlic. 
They brought crushed red pepper, Parmesan and something green. I only had eyes for the red pepper, which I cannot get enough of these days. I douse everything with a generous portion. I'm telling you, it made that pizza.
Look at that. Look. At. That. Thin and bendable, chewy and crispy, greasy and cheesy and melt in your mouth amazing. I dare say it was one of the best pizza's I had ever had. One piece was all I could handle!
But enough about the pizza...this night was about us. We talked and laughed and ate, walked around downtown and made out in an alley. Oh yes we did. It was wonderful. Sometimes life gets the best of us--the every day cleaning and cooking and taking care of kids and laundry and feeding kids and changing kids and bathing kids and doing laundry and vacuuming and picking up toys and wiping counter tops and doing dishes. Falling into bed at night exhausted and getting up the next day to do it all over again and losing sight of our love that started it all. Making arrangements for the kids is a small price to pay to focus on each other for an evening. Mmmm. I am so in love with this man,.
After our dinner, Nate took me to the top of one of his buildings where we saw a gorgeous view of the city and our capitol. I'm a country girl at heart, but if I had to choose a city view, this one isn't too bad... ;)
Our night ended with a free venti caramel frapp, which was lovingly shared by two very, very happy, in love people.
Dinner with my husband: $30.00. Time spent together as lovers: Priceless.

3 comments:

Deb said...

What a sweet post! Hope to have a marriage as awesome as you two one day! Love you both! <3

anna said...

That's so sweet and cute! The pics are adorable! I can't believe you're 4 mo pregnant and you can't even tell.

Amy Jo said...

Aww... how fun! I'm glad you had a night 'out'just you.So sweet...:)
Amy

Popular Posts