Pages

Saturday, March 7, 2009

"That Good Salad"



I am a huge salad fan! I love finding recipes for new salads with dressings that compliment the ingredients in the salad. This one is a gold mine. :)After you eat this salad once, you will crave it, which is what I was doing yesterday so I bought all the ingredients to make it for supper last night. I have eaten it for lunch again today. The flavor combination in it is outstanding and it makes a whole meal in itself!

"That Good Salad"
3 hearts of Romaine, chopped
1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Swiss cheese
2/3 Cup slivered almonds, toasted (you can do this quickly in a small skillet)
2 cups chopped Tomatoes
8 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Croutons, optional
Dressing
Mix well in Blender:
3/4 cup Vegetable Oil
1/4 Cup Lemon juice
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 tsp. each of salt and pepper
Toss all ingredients of salad together, dress, top with croutons if desiered and serve immediately. Yummy!

11 comments:

Felicia said...

YUM!!! I DEF need to make this!

anna said...

That looks and sounds so good. Did you take the pics yourself?? They look so prefessional!!
Love ya!

Anonymous said...

This salad looks SOO good!

Jenna said...

Yes I took them...it's nice to have a camera to be able to take good pictures of food! :)

Liz said...

Yuw, that looks heavenly!

Julie said...

I am a salad nut too. unfortunely my husband does not eat anything green. But he is going away at the end of the month... so guess what I am trying!! Thanks for the recipe!

Sarah P said...

It look really good Jen! and i love the pics ... haha im scary w/ a camera!

Ginger said...

That does look yummy!

Anonymous said...

YUMMMMM...That looks really good Jen!!!!!I will probably make some sometime soon!!!
Julia

Katie said...

I'm totally trying this one... I love salads too ;)It looks soo good :)

Anonymous said...

I Love salads too! That looks amazing!

Popular Posts