Pages

Monday, March 9, 2009

My First Appointment!

Today I got to hear my teeny little precious baby's heartbeat. What a sweet sound! The few moments that they are searching for it with the Doppler seem like forever and I was just hoping that they would find it and nothing would be wrong. Praise the Lord, a few seconds later, there it was, slightly faint because it's so early, but fast and strong! I asked if I was going to be able to have an ultrasound, but they stopped doing the early ones and only do them at 20 weeks, unless there is some sort of medical problem of course. Well, later on when she felt my uterus, she said that it was larger than normal and she thinks I am farther along. Which means.....I get an ultrasound in 2 weeks! Yay! I honestly do not think that I'm farther than I am (10 weeks), but I told her that I would definitely NOT object! I made it for 8am so that Nate could come with me before work. If I am 12 weeks, it would explain my sudden bursts of energy and almost extinct nausea, but I'm not counting on it. :) She said it could also just be because I've had a baby before and my uterus is ready to go to work right away.

She looked through my charts and reminded me of my high blood pressure last time, protein in my urine, en flamed blood vessels, PUPPS rash and said I wasn't allowed to have any problems this time. Hopefully that will be the case! :)

My due date as of now is October 3rd. I guessed it to be September 30-Oct. 3, so I was pretty on. My weeks start on Fridays, so I was 10 weeks on Friday.

Needless to say, I'm happy to have had an appointment and so thankful for the little person inside of me who is healthy and well so far!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww... I am so glad that you got to hear the heart beat! I am sooo excited!

Claire said...

So excited to have another niece or nephew! I'm glad the appointment went good!

Suzi K said...

Yay Jenna! Stay away from salty food! Cna't wait till we can get you a 4D ultrasound!:)

Ginger said...

Amen Jenna!!

Liz said...

how exciting!!!!

anna said...

I hope you're 12 wks!! I can't wait to see my little niece or nephew!! I'm so happy!

The Reynolds said...

How exciting!! I'm so happy for you guys! I absolutley LOVE those first appointmets and seeing the joy spread across mom and dad's faces at that first thump thump!!But when I'm the one searching for that early heart beat I tend to be a bit nervous! Sometimes they're so hard to find.:)Best wishes on the remaining weeks and hope you have no troubles! Amy

priscilla joy said...

Exciting! Can't wait to hear if you are having a girl or boy...

Anonymous said...

Here is a couple ideas for Jenna's baby shower when she has a baby. be sure you delete this so she doesn't see it. D'Ann Klaver

http://bethany.preciousinfants.com/2009/03/09/preparing-for-jennifers-baby-shower.aspx?ref=rss

Julie said...

So excited for you! That is great that all is well. Keep us updated on the date!

Katie said...

Aww... so excited for you ;)

Victoria said...

um, maybe you're uterus is larger than normal because there's TWO babies?

ha ha!:)

arielle said...

Aww So exciting Jen!! I can't wait to see you and BOTH of your kids when I come!!

Jenna said...

Vicki...ooh! That would be interesting and SCARY! but a little exciting in a way too :)

Sarah P said...

Sooo happy for you jen!! hope that everything goes well :):)

The growing Fabry Family said...

Congrats! I remember those loooooong seconds while the dr. looked for the hearbeat... because we always worry don't we until we see their precious face... wait I guess we never stop worrying right!!! I wanted to buy one of those little doppler things so I could check it all the time :) haha!! maybe next time!! CONGRATS!!!

Popular Posts