Pages

Friday, November 21, 2008

Recent Pictures and Happenings

So today is gorgeous. I'm sitting here eating a bowl of Italian Wedding Soup, and I have a pot of chicken noodle soup on the stove cooking for supper. The weather has cooled down a little and I am taking advantage of it! I'm just hoping that it stays cool until Thanksgiving! Warm winter holidays are extremely depressing to me. I'm not keeping my fingers crossed, though. We have 6 days until Thanksgiving and how much do you wanna bet it'll be 80 degrees again by then??

Brookie fell asleep on the floor like this today. She was all whiny and got in trouble, so she got this blankie, sucked her thumb and went right to sleep on the living room floor!
A really funny thing happened the other night as I was getting her ready for church. She aggressively trying to pull off this adorable jean jumper I had put her in. Since the house was a little hot, I took it off her. When I went to put it back on she flipped out. I held up a different jumper.
"Do you want to wear this?"
"No."
Held up another one.
"Do you want to wear this?"
"Ooohh!!!!"
I took that as a yes and she was happy as a lark the whole night! Girls will be girls, starting at a young age being picky about her clothes. I told Nate she probably felt fat in that jumper :0. I just let her wear what she wanted to, but I'm sure sometimes I won't be able to do that.
Brookie LOVES outside lately and constantly asks to go "side". When she went to N.Y. for 5 days, they said she was always out there on the big trampoline, so I guess she got a little spoiled! Thankfully I have a fenced in back yard so I can just send her out there to play. Someone is supposed to be giving me a little climbing gym that her kids don't use anymore so Brooklynne has something to do besides walk around!

Yesterday we went out and played in the front yard for a little while after her nap (which explains the crazy hair!). You can't tell but it was almost 80 degrees in these pictures. I am really getting sick of warm weather, but yet I know if I was home I would want it to be warm! The eyes of man are never satisfied. I just wish it would be cool like it is today for the whole winter. And by cool I mean 40's at night, 50-60 during the day. Perfect temps. I wouldn't mind some snow on Christmas either, but that NEVER happens.


I mentioned that I had started my Christmas baking. Here is Isaac and Brooke sitting by some of the cookies! :) Last night I made the dough for sugar cookies really quick and stuck it in the fridge. Tonight or tomorrow I am going to cut them out and bake them. The problem when I make sugar cookies is that I never like to finish cutting out all the dough! It seems to last forever! :)
Well ,that's about it. Just wanted to let you know whats been going on!

8 comments:

arielle said...

Cute pic of you and brookie!!

Liz said...

thanks for the pics Jen! Brooke looks adorable, as usual! Your gonna be sad when you hear that we have probably 2 inches of snow! It so beautiful here!!!

Sarah P said...

She's getting so big and cute Jenna!! Wow, time sure does fly by.
Sar

anna said...

Cute pics!! I miss Brooke. She did LOVE the outdoors when she was here. Her oufit is cue in those pics!

Anonymous said...

Cute pics!

Unknown said...

Have you thought about getting her one of those little tramplines they sometimes call them rebounders?

Unknown said...

Have you thought about getting her one of those little tramplines they sometimes call them rebounders?

Jenna said...

I have one and it just occured to me today to get it out for her to play on...duh!!! :)

Popular Posts