Pages

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Christmas Spirit

During our Missions Conference, I was very convicted to witness to our neighbors and accquantences. A better Christian would have no problem knocking on doors in her neighboorhood and passing out tracts. She would have no problem striking up a conversation with piano students and giving them the gospel. I am not that person, sadly, and need a little help to get me started.

Enter: Christmas!!!

This year I am so excited about my little "Christmas Outreach"! Today I started my Christmas baking because I will need a lot this year. I am making plates of cookies for all the people that I am friends with that are not saved that I know of. Even if they are, I'm sure they won't mind some good, homemade Christmas cookies! Of course I will include a tract with it that tells them how they can know for sure they are going to Heaven when they die!

For my neighbors that I don't know, I'm putting together a tract and some Christmas candy. I'm going to have a caroling party and we will go door to door singing Christmas carols and hand them the little package that tells of the true meaning of Christmas. I'm hoping that this will open a door and later on I will have a good opportunity to ask them if they got a chance to read it and what they thought of it.

What about you? Is there something you can do this year to show others around you that Jesus is the Reason for the Season? We have such a great message of hope that so many people deserve to hear!

5 comments:

Nikki said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Lets all remember the true meaning of Christmas in this glorious season!

Can I put a link to your blog on mine please??

Arianna said...

Great post, Jen! I'll be praying for you...telling people you don't know about Jesus can be hard sometimes. I'll pray He gives you courage to do that =) And I love your plan....Hopefully I'll get to go Christmas caroling this year, too! Love you <3

Carolee's Corner Canary Islands said...

Good Job Jenna! Rebekah did that last year over here. I think witnessing to our neighbors is the hardest thing to do because we have to see them again--much easier to talk to a stranger sometimes.

Liz said...

I have been making cookies every year to give to our docros and neighbors. i love doing it, plus they are very open after that. Btw I think we are having the "annual" caroling at our house this year cause Aunt Cathie won't be here. What day are you coming in? Can't wait to see you!!!1

anna said...

That's a good idea, maybe I'll do it too, cause it's not like there are too many people around us, so it wouldn't be that much! Liz, I didn't know that caroling is at your house this year...Sweet!

Popular Posts