Pages

Sunday, August 24, 2008

No Fussing!


I feel like that's all I've been saying lately, repeating it over and over a hundred times a day to Brooklynne. I know what is best for her, and when she doesn't get what she wants, she whines and fusses. She doesn't understand, and I wish that she would just trust my judgment.

I'm sure that's how the Lord feels when he is trying to work out his will in our lives and let his infinite plan play out. We whine and fuss and ask the Lord why, and he is sitting in Heaven wondering why we won't just trust him. Has he ever let us down? Have we ever looked back in the end and regretted what the Lord taught us and how he brought us through each little stage in life? Of course not! Just like Brookie will look back one day and be thankful for the training that her parents gave her, realizing then that it was for her best.

The Lord can teach you a lot through your children. That is what I am learning right now. Each time I say it to her, feeling my frustration rising, I think that the Lord must feel like that each time I don't want to accept his plan for me that day. Thank God for the lessons he teaches us through the little tiny people in our lives.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lot's of wisdom in your words...Thank you for sharing them!

Victoria said...

Thanks for the reminder, Jenna! I still am asking my older kids to trust me. Is God still asking ME?

Liz said...

sh elooks so tired in that pic......Don't feel bad about saying that though....

Anonymous said...

I've been going through that with Felicia a LOT lately, too! I feel like "No fussing" and "Stop Screaming" are my most spoken two phrases to her these days! Your spiritual application was perfect, though, because I feel like grumping a lot lately with all this morning sickness keeping me from "doing stuff"! Thanks, Jen! :-)

Anonymous said...

That's true!! Good to have a reminder! Is Brooke still sick? She always seems to have a runny nose:( Poor lil foofer.

Popular Posts