Pages

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Love Notes

Nate and I have started something new. Actually, I started it and he is participating. I like to say that I am a romantic and love little ways to spice up our marriage. As I was cleaning out a box of things that was in my bathroom, I found a pretty little notepad. It has a hard cover with small sheets inside that were made to tear out. I set it on the back of our toilet, wrote a love note to my man and set it on top of the notepad. Alongside the notepad is a pen.

Let's face it. As a busy Mom, sometimes the only time you get a chance to sit down for a couple of minutes is on the toilet when you have to go. What better time to take those few minutes to write a note to your spouse? :) Because of it, Nate and I have had cute little note's waiting for each other. I have one when I get up in the morning after he's gone to work, and he usually has one when before he gets in the shower at night. It really makes my day to start it out by hearing that my husband loves me and appreciates a specific thing that I do during the day. And that's the great thing about it, too, is that you can tell each other how much you appreciate their hard work to keep the household running smoothly, or to provide for your family.
It's just an idea...we love it!

6 comments:

Rachel Barkowski said...

that's really sweet. :-) sometimes if charlie is out late and i'm in bed before he comes home, or if he is leaving reaaly early in the morning before i get up, i tape a note on the inside of the toilet seat lid so when he lifts it, he sees it. once, brad came over and used the bathroom and was surprised with a big "i love you with all of my heart" sign. :-) it is definitely a good idea to keep some romance in your marriage - good job! :-)

Liz said...

That's a cute idea Jen.... BTW, I like the background...

Anonymous said...

That is a great idea! i think i'm going to copy you and try that!:)

Anonymous said...

Andy and I used to do this when we were first married. I still have the notebooks. What wonderful memories we have. It's a wonderful thing you are doing. Good for you both.

arielle said...

Haha...... Thats cute.......

mrsfredknapp said...

What a cute idea! I came here via Arianna Zander's blog...

Popular Posts