Pages

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Fathers Day

I didn't post then, so I will now.
This year was Nate's second Father's Day, and my dad's 21st. Both of them are amazing fathers, perfect for their children. They are the best dad's in the whole world!!! I am that my dad raised me the way that he did. The way that he did it, the convictions and standards that he had, prepared me for my husband. I am so thankful for a dad who stood up for what he believed in and didn't lower his standards or back down even when so many were.
Nate has far exceeded my expectations as a dad (as he does a husband). Brookie is definitely turning into a daddy's girl and I know that is because of the love and the care that he shows her each day.
On Saturday morning, Brooke and I were laying in bed as Nate got ready to go soul winning. When it was time for him to leave, he came over to give us each a kiss and say goodbye. She put her arms up in the air and started sobbing for him to pick her up. It was so sad :) and sweet at the same time. Of course, it melted his heart!
I will never be able to express just how grateful I am for my dad and my husband, the great men of God that they are and how they care for their children.
I love you both!

1 comments:

Liz said...

That was really sweet Jen! Brooke is just a doll!

Popular Posts