Pages

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Men and Motorcycles

Why is it that guys get such a thrill out of them?

Nate just bought one from his dad. Since he has a work vehicle, we don't need 2 cars during the week, but on the weekends we both have different things going on and usually need to cars. The bike will help us and we didn't have to spend a lot of money on it.

So a few nights ago, we went on a ride. It was around 9:30 or so, probably around 80 degrees (cool for evenings around here) and just a beautiful perfect night. We were on a windy road with no lights doing about 55-60. Not fast, really, but I was petrified. Not that it was the first time I had been on a bike, but it had been a while. I imagined a deer jumping out in front of us and we rounded a curve, or a drunk driver coming head on in our lane.
OK, I will admit that it was thrilling and fun and riding on a motorcycle, leaning forward and hugging your husband and talking when you are at a stop light is pretty awesome.

He was thrilled. I was scared, but having fun. I did it for him because I know he loves it so much.

And people try to tell us that men and women are all the same. Whatever.

When you see a woman standing there gawking at a motorcycle for 15 minutes, let me know.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're funny...I think I would be a little scared too, actually REALLY scared!!

Victoria said...

I LOVED riding on a motorcycle BEFORE becoming a mom. Something about being responsible for little children and not wanting to leave them orphans if we crash...

Anonymous said...

This post is so funny Jenna. My husband and I have always enjoyed riding. I'd just grab those culottes and off we would go! It was great. I trust my husband so much, I always felt safe. Matter of fact....he is thinking about trading in his 750 for a Honda Goldwing...so I would be more comfortable! Nothing like the wind blowing in your face......Enjoy!! I always do and I am almost 50!!! Trish Smith

Anonymous said...

That's too funny! It's amazing how you can have so much fun but be so scared at the same time, isn't it? The post brought a smile to my face! :)

The Reynolds said...

Wow I'd be scared to ride on one of those!! I've heard of so many wrecks...glad you had fun though!!:)-Juli

Carolee's Corner Canary Islands said...

Doug was recently thinking about buying one to save money on gas--we pay more than what you do in the states for a gallon of gas--I thought maybe he was just going through a "mid-life" crisis or something--they say when a man hits 50 he usually wants to go out and buy a motorcycle.

Popular Posts