Pages

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Putting the Lord First

Nate and I have been learning a lot about putting the Lord first. It's so easy to get distracted with each other, our baby, our crazy schedule and, yes, even ministries at church!
Deborah Wells wrote a song called "Desire the Fire" that says, "I'm filled with your work but not with your WORD." I think that sums up how Nate and I have felt about our lives lately and we are trying to get our priorities straight again. It's just sad and disheartening to me that I have been a Christian my whole life and yet I am not nearly as close to the Lord as I could be or should be. I guess that no one ever feels like they have arrived, but you always know when you could be doing more with the Lord in your relationship with him.
I hope that all of us will always put the Lord first and make him the center focus of our lives. After all, he is the reason that we are living in the first place!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that song! I also know what you mean about putting the Lord first!

Carolee's Corner Canary Islands said...

Well put Jenna. Glad to see a young couple like you and Nate striving to keep God first in your lives. He will honor your desire.

Victoria said...

The Lord has been impressing that on my heart in the past couple of days (ok, He's been "scolding" me in His loving way) - thank you for being yet another messenger from Him to remind me of my purpose!

Anonymous said...

How very true!!! It's always a good reminder that we were created to bring Him glory and honour!

Anonymous said...

Amen sis'!!! I love how Pastor Folk reminds us so often how we have to abide daily or we will not make it! If he is first priority in our lives everything else will turn out okay!!

Popular Posts