Pages

Friday, March 28, 2008

Shrimp Scampi

Shrimp Scampi
  • Melt 1/3 cup of smart balance light (or butter) in a small saucepan.
  • Add 3 large or 6 small cloves of garlic. Let saute' until cooked.
  • Add appx. 10 pieces of shrimp.
  • Add parsley, basil, oregano, garlic powder and onion powder to taste.
  • Pour in 1/2 cup of water and 1 chicken bullion cube. Bring to a boil so bullion cube dissolve.
  • Toss immediately with 1/2 pound of cooked multi grain pasta. (I used angel hair)

For added nutrition, cook 1/2 cup fresh spinach just until wilted and add in. It doesn't taste like much but gives a nice texture and color!

If you don't have shrimp, you can make it with chicken or sausage or no meat at all.

I made this for supper tonight and as it was a huge hit with myself :) and my hubby I thought I would share it with you! Sorry that I don't have exact measurements--I didn't use a recipe, so this is what I did. The most important thing for the flavor is using all of the garlic, which makes it scrumptious, and plenty of chicken broth so that it is not dry.

PS I couldn't take a good picture of mine so this one is someone else's, and it looked the same, except mine didn't have lemons! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your new background and that food looks heavenly!

Anonymous said...

YUMMY!!

Popular Posts