Pages

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Brookie had her first "real" sickness this past week. She had a high fever and her white blood cell counts were 19 when they should have been between 4 and 12. Thank the Lord for doctors who know what they are doing, and for him and his grace! I was pretty scared sitting in the Dr.'s office, because there was a possibility that she could have RSV. I was scared about that and I couldn't talk to Nate because he didn't have reception where he was. As I was waiting for the blood results, she was just sitting in my lap, head on my chest, sucking her thumb and I felt really helpless. I started rocking her and humming every song I could think of. Eventually I sang, "when my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to the Rock that is higher than I, that is higher than I." I sang it over and over and had a lot of peace knowing that the Lord was in control of everything! I texted my Mom and told her I was scared and asked her to pray. I guess a million things run through your mind at a time like that!
"Well, no RSV," the Dr. said when she came back in the room. I was so relieved!
She has some sort of bacterial infection so has been on her first dose of "bubblegum medicine", aka amoxicillan. (That's what we called it when we were little :)
Her fever is gone and she is acting so much better. Thank the Lord for antibiotics that work almost immediately!
You can tell in this picture that she still has droopy eyes and a runny nose but she is in good spirits! :) I took her for a long walk yesterday. She loves sitting in her stroller and looking around while I do all the work!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwww, My heart goes out to the poor little thing! I'm glad she's doing better now! I can't wait to see her in 5 weeks!

Unknown said...

Awww... I'm glad she's feeling better. Her little eyes do look droopy!

Christina said...

Aw, hope the little cutie gets all better!! and I love you blog back round! how and where can you get diff ones???

Liz said...

Awwwww. Poor baby. I'm glad that she's doing better though!

Anonymous said...

My poor little Brooklynne!! Aunt Claire misses you!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Popular Posts