Pages

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Last night Nate and I went on a date. It was the first one in a while and he had it planned really special for us to go to Houston's. Houston's is a very nice restaurant with a romantic, quiet atmosphere. If you didn't listen really hard, you wouldn't know that there was music playing because it is so soft. There is a candle at every table, and dim lights around. The food there is excellent and not extremely pricey, although it's not cheap.
I ordered a Sashimi Tuna Salad. An exotic dish with tuna steak on the side. I've heard a lot about Tuna Steak, and I wanted to try it. The tuna was wonderful. The salad was bitter. Bitter! I couldn't eat it. I was so disappointed. I ate my small pieces of tuna on the side and ate a few chunks of mango that were in the salad. The rest I left on my plate for the waitress to carry off and throw away. I felt the tears coming. I kept telling myself that it didn't matter. It's just food, and I'm with my husband. Why should I care? I excused myself to go to the bathroom and i cried. I really didn't know why I was crying, but I felt horrible. I had been looking forward to a date with my lover for a long time now, and now we are at a nice restaurant and the food is disgusting! When I came back to the table, I was excited about ordering dessert because I was still really hungry. My sweet, sweet husband ordered a huge Sundae for us that we had seen someone else get and it looked sooo good. Only I can't eat ice cream. It makes me sick. I wanted to cry even more! I felt so stupid! And I bawled, right there at the table, with my husband eating his gigantic sundae that I couldn't eat and my stomach growling. I knew how much this was going to cost us and I felt even worse.
I guess the moral of the story is: be glad when you get to go out with your husband, even if the whole night is a disappointment. Because it was the first night I got to spend with him in a long time! We did have a wonderful time, too. Except for the part where I was crying. Oh well. Next time I will know not to order Sashimi Tuna Salad!

1 comments:

Liz said...

That was SO funny jen.... Cause last night we went out to eat and I got this Disgusting meat loaf and I felt so bad cause I thought It was going to be SO good.O well I just ate the sides, it was fine.

Popular Posts