Pages

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Chicken, Anyone?



Last night Nate was going to make his favorite home made vanilla ice cream but we didn't have any eggs. He ran over to the neighbors house to borrow some (which happens to be his brother Robby) and came over with a few different colored eggs--obviously farm fresh. In went one egg into the pot to be cooked, and when the next one was cracked, it said, "CHEEP CHEEP!" A baby chick!!! I have to say that I have seen this before but when you live in the classy, hi-tech city of Austin, Texas, you don't really expect to see it. It was gross. Disgusting! I'm sure you can see by the looks on our faces that we were not too impressed! And when we told the person we had borrowed it from (omitting names :) they accused us of chicken abortion! :) Not really. Anyway, it was a little weird and a little disgusting but it was funny in a way too. So that was our little adventure last from last night! :) By the way, after the baby was properly disposed and a new batch was made, the ice cream came out the creamiest it has ever been, or at least I was told. I, for one, did not eat any!

4 comments:

Sara N. Smith said...

Oh, dear....I don't think I would have eaten any either!!! This is why I like to buy eggs from the grocery store!!! :)
But...at least everyone had some fun!

Anonymous said...

Oh, that is sooooo gross!! I hate when that happens BLAAAAAAA!
Anna

Anonymous said...

I have to say it was pretty funny. we were not as shocked because we have seen this before but the guys were pretty shocked!

Victoria said...

Oh no!!!! We've not had that happen, yet - I don't know if I'd be grossed out or sad!

Popular Posts