Pages

Thursday, November 1, 2007

The Missions Conference this week has been wonderful. The Lord is teaching me many things, of course, and a few different things have stuck out in my mind that I just wanted to share so I don't forget.
One of them is not worrying about the maybes. It sounds really simple, but I tend to do that, especially now that I have a baby. What if something happens to her? What would I do if she ever died? What about her living in America when it is getting worse and worse? What would I ever do if Nate died? I know it sounds morbid but I think those thoughts are to be expected from any mother and wife. Just not like crazy. I know people who are paranoid about their kids getting SIDS or getting kidnapped. You could really drive yourself crazy thinking about everything that could happen! This particular message was preached by my dad :) and he said," focus on what God has done in the past instead of worrying about what might happen in the future." It doesn't help to worry. This message was great for me.
Another thing that I have been convicted about is just handing out tracts in my day to day life. I honestly have not done it in a long time, I'm ashamed to say. I have lost my focus and with the Lord's help I will do better with that.
Of course, at this time of the year, I'm always reminded that the Lord could call us to the Missions Field at any time and I have to check myself to make sure that I am still just as willing as I was when I dedicated my life to the Lord when I was younger. Nate and I went to the altar the other night, just reminding God that we are willing to do whatever he wants us to do.
The devil was really at work and he still is. My brother-in-law ran away. 2 other boys in the church, ages 16 and 17, left. This has been very hard on their parents. Many people have gotten sick and so much has happened that it is clear that the devil wanted many people to be discouraged. Thank God that he hasn't gotten the victory in many area's. There is a lot of coughing and sneezing going on during those services! :) Everyone refuses to stay home! Thank the Lord that he is really working this week. I can't wait to see what will happen next!
I will be posting pictures soon! :)
I love you all!
~~Jen~~

3 comments:

Liz said...

uhh jen, Don't make me jealous about not being there! Anna and I said that we should have our missions conference for a week long cause its pretty much the highlight of the year.

Anonymous said...

AMEN to that Liz!! It would be a blast!
anna

Jenna said...

That is a really god idea!

Popular Posts