Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

Tuning In

This weekend Nate and I sat on the couch watching our kids play horsey. When Brookie sat on Joe's back, he would slump to the ground because she was bigger than him and they would burst into hysterical giggles. Brookie could crawl around with Joe on her back, but it wasn't without laughing and yelling and general chaos. Nate and I would look at each other, smile and laugh but not exchange words. Our eyes meeting said it all. Aren't they adorable? I can't believe they are ours. We are so blessed. 
 Sometimes it's good to stop and just watch your kids interact with each other. Tune in and listen to their giggling, their imaginative conversation and even their bickering. I tend to zone out a lot, washing dishes, wiping counters, sweeping floors and the kid's play becomes a distant background noise that too often goes unnoticed. I'm trying to be more present, even if I'm not actually interacting at the moment, because their little voices will only be little for so long!
his first mischievous act: pulled all the tissues out of the box, and loved every moment 


Just walked by the bathroom at bed time to see my son multi-tasking at it's best: brushing his teeth and going potty. You know, no biggie.

She's a natural ballerina. She loves to twirl and jump and does it pretty gracefully, too.



I celebrated my 26th birthday this week, and it was truly one of the best I've ever had. It involved lots of shopping and eating, 2 of my most favorite things. Oh, and my hubby, babies and sister who is in town for a few weeks. It doesn't get any better than that! The Lord has given me another amazing year on this earth and I am so grateful for his mercies that are new every morning!

Italians love calamari!


The boys stayed with Grandma when we went to eat, but she got to come which was a really special treat. Check out her bowl of food!

My sister took a vacation to Florida right before coming to see me just so she could make me look white as a ghost in this picture. True story.





Nathan started standing up in his crib this week, a pretty big accomplishment since pack and plays don't have much to grab on to. He stands every time now and just looks way too cute!



 This weekend we rested, listened and interacted. Nothing like having a sister around, and the kids love spending time with their Aunt! We don't have a lot planned, but we'll definitely be tuning in and enjoying the little things!

4 comments:

The Skinny on Staci said...

Ahhh... the beloved tissue trick! All 4 of mine destroyed the tissues every 5 seconds at every church we attended during those little years. Lol Happy belated bday.

Claire said...

Love all these pictures. You looked gorgeous on your birthday...I love that adorable outfit!

Nafes is so cute standing in his crib.

Have fun with Deb!

Mary said...

Aw Nafy is getting so big! Your outfit was so cute! Glad you had a good birthday even though your favorite sister wasn't there to spend it with you!

Tereza said...

This is sorta off topic but you are beautiful!!! and always dressed so pretty

Popular Posts