Pages

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

2 Weeks of Healthy School Lunches

I've had several people comment about packing lunches and how they really like the idea for homeschooling. I thought I would post pictures of our last 2 weeks of healthy lunches (one day is missing because of Labor Day) to give you some fun ideas! Really, they don't take long at all even though some of them look like they would.
 I try to follow this basic idea for kids lunches:
  • Sandwhich or wrap (or other "main" dish)
  • Crunchy Thing
  • Fruit or Veggie
  • Dairy (either on the sandwhich or seperate)
  • Treat 
Obviously, I don't always get each of these items in the lunch box every day, as you'll see, but it's a basic formula that I like to follow!

Turkey Sandwiches, pretzel things, cheese stick, peaches, chocolate covered raisins

Turkey and Cheese Roll up, multi-grain crackers, carrot sticks, raisins, Oreo's

Turkey sandwiches, peanut butter granola bar, cheese stick, strawberries, chocolate covered raisins

Turkey and Cheese Skewers, Pretzel thins, carrot sticks, Butterscotch chips and raisins

Leftovers: Tomato Pie, Macaroni and Cheese and caramel chocolate trail mix. (Yes that is trail mix. Obviously I didn't take large caramel rice cakes, break them up and throw some chocolate chips in there. That would be totally un-cool. Duh.) 
(Just Kidding.)

Tomato, Olive and turkey skewers, Pretzels, Yogurt, pineapple slices

Turkey sandwiches, multi-grain crackers, cheese, grapes and oreos

Peanut butter and jelly roll ups, pretzels, yogurt, grapes, chocolate peanut butter ball (healthy recipe here)

Turkey sandwich, Whole grain pita chips, pineapple slices, peanut butter cup (I was in a rush this day, as you can see)

I was home-schooled, so I know how disruptive the middle of the day lunch prep, eating and clean up can be. I highly recommend trying this! The kids loves seeing what is in their lunch box each day. I also pack a lunch for myself as I pack theirs, so my clean up is 100% eliminated, besides rinsing out containers!

2 comments:

Claire said...

Wow this is such an awesome idea and I love their healthy balanced lunches. Can't wait till I come, so excited to see what's in my lunch box every day...hehe :)

The Skinny on Staci said...

Okay, I looked this back up just for reference! Lol I was NOT home schooled, so I had no clue how hectic having to make lunch and do cleanup afterwards could be. It's awful! Never thought to pack lunches for home. Anyway, hoping to try this out soon. I had 4 days worth of food ideas but needed just one more! :)

Popular Posts