Pages

Thursday, September 20, 2012

The Here and Now

This past Sunday was the church's annual anniversary service to celebrate 28 years and it was packed with several hundred people! There is always a huge Texas style bbq picnic meal planned after the service, and it's usually smoldering hot. This year was much different as it was raining...and raining..and raining, with no hopes of stopping at any point throughout the day. Our church does not have the facilities to feed that many people inside, so they quickly packed up over 100 to go boxes and served the rest of the people in the small fellowship hall that we do have. I ended up working in the nursery that day so I didn't get to experience the service firsthand, but I do know that the Lord really worked and over 10 people were saved. Praise the Lord!

We had meetings Monday and Tuesday night with Larry Brown and Terry Angela, and the messages could not have been more perfect for our church. Each one was great, but this is what I got out of it: Show your children through actions how much you love them. Kiss them, hug them, give them little treats. Make your home a haven and place that they'll miss someday.Get off your computer, get off your phone, look into their beautiful eyes and give them your undivided attention. Be present.

 I know for a fact that most of what I got out the messages wasn't even preached, but God knew just what I needed, just like he always does.

 Our week so far:

Already interested in football at 6 months old
Mom. Let me enjoy the game, will you?!

 Sometimes the realization of how blessed I really am just overwhelms me as I watch 3 healthy, beautiful children play together in perfect harmony. It doesn't happen all the time but when it does it creates a beautiful song that I want to share with the world.

Coming in from playing to give me flowers

I've wanted to try a picture like this for a while. Edited ones on my photography blog soon!

Brothers... 


There are way too many techincal distractions for us living today. Phone calls, text messages, emails, Facebook, Instragam, Twitter, Blogging, Pinterest and probably a whole slew that I don't even know about yet. Focus on whats important--being present in the here and now, enjoying those around you and giving them your undivided attention.


0 comments:

Popular Posts