Pages

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Six Months

What I really want to do in this post is sit and moan and whine about how fast little ones grow up, wonder if time really cares about Moms (because if it did, it would slow down for Pete's sake), and pout that my little guy has already hit the 6 month milestone.


What I will do is focus on the fact that I haven't missed a second of it. I've hugged, held and cuddled him for a lot of his 6 little months on this earth and I don't regret it one bit. That's something that I've learned over the few years I've been a Mom: You can't hold and spoil them enough as babies. Yes, I've given him the fair amount of "alone time", tummy time and he sleeps in his own crib, but other than that I've loved on him every second that I could.


His longest sleeping stretch ever was 12 hours, and for the first time in years, I slept 7 hours without moving or waking up one time. That was a miracle in itself, and strangely, I was way more tired the next day than I normally am! I think my body had too much sleep. :) His normal stretches are 6 hours, which works out to getting up once a night to feed him, so I can't complain. He's a great napper, usually 2, 3 hour naps and one little cat nap in the evening if we happen to be home.
He started on baby food and rice cereal this month and loves it. He gulped up his first spoonfuls like a pro, never even making a funny face. He was so ready! He eats about 1.5-2 jars a day, depending on how much cereal he gets, and nurses every 3-4 hours.
 He doesn't sit up for more than a few seconds without support--translated, he doesn't really sit up at all--and he's not crawling. Just doing the scooting in a circle thing, rolling onto his tummy as soon as I lay him on his back (that makes diaper changes fun) and does some pretty complicated workouts on his tummy.

His 6 month check up is next week, but I'm thinking he's around 18 pounds. Yes, 18 pounds. I think half of that is head, for real.
 He is seriously an angel baby, and who knows, maybe he'll become human at some point but right now he is so good. He does not fuss unless something is wrong: dirty diaper, tired, hungry, upset stomach. He will sit in his bouncer or play on his tummy for ever, happy and content as can be. He was a very easy transition into the "I'm a Mom of 3" phase and I am so very, very blessed. I know that it's annoying when Mom's brag on their kids, but I know it's just the Lord making it nice and easy on me and I'm so thankful for that!



I'll end with a picture I took the other night before church. Why is it that the unplanned, "kids lay on the floor so Mommy can take a picture!" pictures turn out so darn cute?!

Happy Weekend!

2 comments:

Mary said...

Aw he has gotten so much older looking since I have seen him! That picture of them three is so cute! Nathy is starting to look like Joe!

Julia said...

Awww...He is getting so old. That last pic of all the kids is ADORABLE!!!

Popular Posts