Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Mother's Day 2012


This years Mother's Day was really special for me, because I had yet another tiny reason to be the most blessed Mom--my third born baby! As I was frantically getting ready for church in usual Sunday morning fashion, Brookie came in and gave me the tightest, sweetest, hug saying, "Happy Mother's Day", and Joe came in a few minutes later in his cute little jammies and bed head.
  "Happy Mother's Time," he said with a sly little smile. In a little while, they came back in again with a tiny rose bush, 3 bags of Dove Chocolate and a card. It was very sweet!

 At church we were given a bag of chocolate (I chose Ghiardelli Dark with caramel) and heard a great message specifically for Mom's that was really convicting. I had to leave halfway through to feed the baby, so I want to go on the website and listen to the sermon again.
 After church, we had reservations for Macaroni Grill with Nate's family and I ate way too much. I had their awesome blue bibb salad (don't let the name fool you--it is not at all healthy!) and a delicious chocolate cake afterwards, with lots of bread and oil in between.
 The rule "do not reward yourself with food" does not apply on Mother's Day.

 Nate and the kids were extra sweet to me the whole day, and Nate even took Nathan in the afternoon so I could take a nice long nap which was awesome! Any Mom with a newborn knows that this could possibly be the best gift you could ever be given. ;)

Little did I know I would have 2 kids this year :)--my brother moved in with us in February. Being responsible for a teenager is not always the easiest thing, but Nate and I have learned a lot with Pat being here the past few months. When you have someone older than a preschooler who watches you and can tell if you are real or not, it really makes you step back, re-evaluate what you believe in and stand strong for it! Pat is my only brother, 6 years younger, and I love him to death even though he drives me crazy sometimes. :)

A Mother's Day post wouldn't be complete without giving a shout out to my own Mom, who I wished more than anything I could have spent the day with. I've been a Mom for almost 5 years now and it still baffles me how she seemingly "does it all". She is without a doubt the godliest, most hardworking, submissive, beautiful woman I know and I love and admire her with all my heart.

I hope you all had a wonderful Mom's day as well, either spoiling your Mom, Mother-in-law, or getting spoiled. :)

2 comments:

The Skinny on Staci said...

Beautiful! That's a LOT Of chocolate! LOL Those Dove ones are so yummy. :) Sounds like a really nice day!

Unknown said...

Wow! Glad you had such a wonderful day! Nathan is looking so big already...isn't it a shame how fast they grow???? Happy Mother's Day! You are really a great mom...your children are blessed! :)

Popular Posts