Pages

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Big Brown Eyes

It seems like almost all of my friends growing up had blue eyes. I have adored blue eyes forever. I was blessed to marry a blonde hair, blue-eyed, hottie and I had high hopes that our children would also have blue eyes someday.
 I think pretty much every baby is born with blue eyes, so I didn't get my hopes up when they came into the world that way. I waited a few months, keeping a close eye (no pun intended) on Brooklynne's. At 6 months old, her eyes were still blue but they changed to brown somewhere between 8-9 months of age. Joe's were blue for a much shorter time and by just a few months old, they were also brown.
 Suddenly, I acquired a love for brown eyes like never before. 


Here are my kids, hugging me and looking up at me like they do so often. Oh man. Those beautiful, big brown eyes kill me. When they talk to me and I stare at them, I'm amazed at just how gorgeous they are.

 Of course, it could help that they are my life, and to me, they are the most beautiful children in the world. In that case, I might be just a little biased.

#3 still has blue eyes, but I know that they could stay that way for a long time, even almost 9 months like Brookie's, so I'm not holding my breath. If they stay blue I will be totally thrilled, but if not, I am gonna love those big brown eyes just like I do the older two.

Oh, and when I need a blue eyes fix, I can just stare into my Man's. He doesn't mind and neither do I. ;)

3 comments:

Lauren said...

David and I both have brown eyes, but Riley's are blue. We're not quite sure how that happened (David's grandfather has bright blue eyes, so that must be it). My family and friends are all anxious to see how Caroline's end up.
All three of yours have beautiful eyes!

Unknown said...

Mine have brown eyes too...except for my middle-little man (ha! Feels funny to say that!). His eyes are grey and he is the spitting image of my father. I don't mind those brown eyes either. ;) Your babies are so cute! :)

Rebecca said...

Maybe you're biased but your kids are definitely cute + adorable!

Popular Posts