Pages

Saturday, December 10, 2011

A Marshmallow World

"Stop and get some twigs off a tree," I texted Nate on his way home. "We can roast marshmallows!" We have to appreciate the cold days around here because they are few and far between. Starting a fire and enjoying it in our decorated living room is just one of the ways we love doing that--so roasting marshmallows would just make it better. :)

While the fire rose to a good marshmallow-roasting-temperature, we broke out some locally made kettle corn that Nate brought home from a church event and snacked on it. Yummy!

Little popcorn face


I love this picture. She adores her daddy more than anyone else in the world!
Brooklynne was the first one to get to roast her marshmallow. As you can see by the look on her face, she was delighted!

Roasting marshmallows is serious business

Our poor, poor, poor doggie got shaved. And by shaved I do mean shaved. His face looks cute but his body is tiny and rat-like, and I mean that in the nicest rat-like way possible. We still love him though...enough to buy him a Christmas sweater so he won't freeze!
I think this may have been the first time my kids have ever tasted roasted marshmallows. The loved them--what kid doesn't?!




Buddy get's a lot of people food around here. :)
Mommy gets a lot of people food too--I could just eat my babies all day, one tiny nibble at a time. They make my life! This night was so special, because in the very busy Christmas season, I love making time to make memories with the most important people in my life. Parties and Christmas concerts and shopping are great--but this is what really makes the holidays for me.
And the icing on the cake? A little Frank Sinatra and Bing Crosby, belting out the classic's I grew to love at a very young age. 
In all of your business this season, don't forget to take time to make lasting memories with the ones you love the most. This was something as simple as a $1.00 bag of marshmallows but it was one of the best things I'll do in the month of December!

4 comments:

Julia said...

Can't wait to see you in a couple weeks! <3
Love you all!!!

Deb said...

How cozy! I LOVE roasted marshmallows!
Ps. Remember we wanted to roast some that night but didn't know if it was safe? he

Jolene said...

Love your marshmallow world... And, you're right, Christmas spent with family is the BEST!

Mary said...

aw that looks so fun and cozy! Such a nice family night :)

Popular Posts