Pages

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Christmas Decorating

This year we had to wait a few days longer than we like to decorate because of travelling, but as soon as we got home I pulled out the totes, boxes and bags and started the long process. I forget how much work it is, but it's always so rewarding and enjoyable in the end!

I got so many good ideas off pinterest this year! Mason jar, greenery, cranberries and floating candle. Beautiful.
 I love his little face here, putting the first ornament on the tree and so excited!


Next year there will be another little boy helping us decorate the tree, already 9 months old! :)
The kids had a blast decorating the tree this year--it was so much fun seeing their faces while we were putting everything up!




There is something so much more special about the holidays when you have a mantle to decorate. I love how mine turned out this year! (Once again, thanks to pinterest for the inspiration!)

Putting the star on the top
After our decorating, we made peanut butter pretzel bites. Brooklynne is very meticulous when it comes to just about anything, so when we cook and bake together, she is the perfect little partner!
She rolled perfect little peanut butter balls...
...and flattened them between pretzels perfectly. Nate and I were laughing at how serious and determined she was--it was so cute :)
Well, the picture is a good memory of our night...sadly, I was sporting the "I got 4 hours of sleep last night on a 16 hour road trip" look. :p
These babies are the perfect combination of sweet, salty, crunchy and creamy--and they were super easy to make! A nice addition to my Christmas baking this year!
A few picture of the kiddos before bed...what could be better than kids, jammies and Christmas?
OK, kids, jammies, Christmas...and a cute little doggie :)

5 comments:

James and Emily said...

I LOVE PINTEREST!!!! =D Way too many good ideas on there...it gets addicting but is also very inspiring!

Deb said...

Your house looks beautiful and so do all of you!

Unknown said...

What great memories. We do not get a tree anymore so I kind of miss that with my children. The last time we had one, Hannah was just a few months old and she doesn't remember it at all. But, we do decorate with garland and lights and we do bake so that is where our memories will be made. Love your pictures!!! Everyone and everything looks so festive!

Jolene said...

Oh, my daughter is just like your Brooklyn... precise, exact... a little perfectionist! Just Sunday we were observing her from across the table as she was pouring out of a Sprite bottle into three different glasses (for herself and her two brothers) and she kept going back and forth between the glasses adding little drops to make sure they all got the same amount. Funny!

BTW, I ADORE your stockings with the ruffles. Too cute! Merry Christmas, my friend!

Mary said...

Everything looks gorgeous!! I love Buddys stocking :)

Popular Posts