Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The Cookie Project (Part 1)

I rarely bake for just us. I don't buy pre-packaged cookies, either, so we don't have many sweets around here. The extent of what we get is "Mommy's Chocolate" because I always have a stash of that in the freezer. However, around this time of year, I go all out. I actually started mid-November this year in preparation to make cookie trays, put them with tracts and give them to friends and neighbors. At this point I have around 20 dozen assorted cookies in my freezer. Peanut Butter Blossoms, Toffee, Peanut Butter Balls, Chocolate Pretzel bites, Russian tea cakes and sugar cookies are all tightly packed in my extra freezer right now. The last thing to do before we could complete the trays was frost the cookies.

The kids each got their own little plate to frost and decorate.
This is some serious business right here.
So neat and precise...
and so 2 year old looking. Love it.
It wasn't long before he was eating frosting. I think he is becoming famous for eating while we are cooking!
Her finished product
and his :)
In the meantime, I was frosting snowflakes--and look at the pile I had left!
I just bought the snowflake cookie cutter this year. I love it!
I seriously could not fit all of the cookies in the frame of my camera. It took me hours to do all these. I can't wait to see the trays all put together, spreading the good news about what Christmas is all about!
We are really enjoying our Christmas centerpiece this year. At least I am :)
A funny story, that night we went out to do some Christmas shopping and left the cookies just like this. When we got home I immediately noticed a few cookies were overturned and upon further inspection, a few eaten, some licked and some with tiny paw prints in them. There were tiny frosted paw prints on the kitchen table as well. Somehow Buddy weaseled his way up there and got into the cookies! Thankfully the damage was minimal and I was able to laugh-not cry-after all that hard work!
I am hoping to get to post the finished trays that we assemble before I leave, but if not, it will be up here soon. :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Cut-outs are my least favorite cookie to make because of all the time they take. But they do look so great when they are finished!! I love how focused the children are with their decorating. LOL! Cute.

Jolene said...

Wow! Those look great! I know that God is really going to bless all of your hard work!

Deb said...

Your cutouts look great! Wish I could try some!

Popular Posts