Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Travelling

Well, tomorrow starts our big trip home! Our flight leaves at 6:00am (Blah--make that a 3:30am wake up call!) and we'll be in at 12:00pm. Packing for the kids and I for a month has been a little overwhelming. I don't want to under pack and I don't want to over pack, but I think I finally have it figured out.
 I am SO excited to be travelling with my husband! I haven't been on a flight with him since Brookie was 3 months old. Since then I've done close to 70 flights and 40 layovers by myself with the kids. I don't mind it, but having my hubby along is a HUGE help.
 Determined to eat healthy while we travel (and not spend a fortune on airport food) I have whole wheat bagels, fruit and yogurt for breakfast and wheat thins and fiber one bars for snacks if we need it. I am never lacking for food when we travel...in fact, I usually pack too much food! I'm particular about having a lot of healthy options and not be subject to whatever is the cheapest in the airport, which is normally Chinese food or pizza.
 When we get there we'll be driving a few hours away for a friend's wedding. Nate is a groomsman and I'm the photographer. I'm looking forward to it! We'll also be celebrating our 5th anniversary, but won't get to do much on that day since we'll be driving, so we're planning for something later in the year.
 Well, it's off to finish packing and straighten the house a little. Because of our travels, wedding and 4th of July celebrations, I probably won't be posting until later next week. Hope you all have a wonderful week and fun time celebrating our countries freedom!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope you have a wonderful and refreshing getaway! :)

Deb said...

Can't wait =)

Popular Posts