Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

My Favorite Time of Day

Mornings can be pretty crazy. Breakfast, devotions, cleaning, laundry, breaking up 1 and 4 year old's arguments, lunch prep--normal daily Mommy stuff. Naps are usually around 1, so after we have lunch and clean up we head  upstairs to read before I lay them down. It is one of my favorite times of the day. We lay on my bed and the kids bring in the stack of books and we choose a few to read. Joe Joe doesn't stay still for very long--he climbs all over, reads books to himself and throws them on the floor. Brookie is calm and quiet and lays very still, listening to every word. They are so different from each other but I love them for their differences. It's a few minutes out of the day that I get to relax, unwind a little and enjoy my sweet babies.
 I've tried a few times to take self-portraits with my phone and this is about the best I got.I love it and I'll cherish this memory of us reading together forever. 

4 comments:

Pollock Family said...

What a precious post!!!

Deb said...

"Precious" is all I have to say =) 3 weeks!

Amy Jo said...

Aww... so sweet!!
Amy

anna said...

Joe looks pretty into the book in that pic!

Popular Posts