Pages

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Monday Morning Memories


It was of those Do I finish the dishes or be a fun Mom and make jewelry with my daughter? moments. I picked the latter, partly out of guilt because she had been asking me for a few days to help her and we hadn't gotten around to it yet. It was a quiet Monday morning and Joe wasn't awake yet so it was a perfect time to spend a few minutes with my little girl. 
 "I'll make one for you and you make one for me, Mommy", she said excitedly, so that's what we did.
 I don't sew. I don't craft. I'm not proud of it, but I'm just not creative like that. I'm sure you were supposed to do something other than string the beads on the stretchy string and tie a knot to close it, but she's 4. Who cares? I'm bringing knotted necklace claps back in, baby. Just you wait.
 Talking and Stringing beads. The breakfast dishes are on the table and so is the box of cereal but Brookie is more important.
 It was no more than 10 minutes. We were done with our beautiful pieces and she was ready for something else. She went off, happy and I finished the dishes. No harm done, just a little memory to start off our Monday morning!

3 comments:

Deb said...

How sweet! Was that this morning? What a good mommy you are!!!!!
Brooke is SO pretty and I can't wait to see her!
Love you

anna said...

She's beautiful!

Victoria said...

Good choice!! You are a great mom!

Popular Posts