Pages

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The Big Day is Here!

Right now it's 1:13am. My water broke at around 10:45pm! The Dr. said to try to get some sleep and come in when I'm in real labor. I did try, for about an hour to sleep--so much running through my head, even though I'm extremely tired and wish I was sleeping right now!
I'm having contractions about 4 minutes apart that are lasting for 1 minute or more and are pretty strong. I think it may be time to go into the hospital soon. We are ready to go with everything packed, all I have to do is wake up my sweet hubby and drive there! I'm glad that one of us is sleeping! :)
I'm so scared to go through labor again, especially feeling these contractions, but I know I did it once before and this time (I HOPE!!) can only be easier and shorter! We shall see! :) I can't believe that within 24 hours I'll have my little man in my arms!
Today I set up his little crib and bought him a blue diaper bag. :) Good thing! Brookie helped me and was so excited--she wanted to put his blanket in the crib. The she leaned over the edge and said, "awww, he's so cute, I like him! He's a ducky!" lol lol!! She may be surprised when "baby Joey" is a little boy and not a ducky. Haha. Well, sometime today she'll get to meet her little brother! I can't wait to see how she reacts after waiting and being excited for so long!
I've had to stop typing a few times to get through a contraction. I'm going to get a few things ready and then head off. I remember this feeling--it's real labor!
Will keep you all updated as much as possible!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Praying for you! So happy to hear that things are moving along nicely. God bless you and your delivery!

Claire said...

Congratulations!!! He is such a cutie!!! So glad the labor was fast and easier! Can't wait to see you guys in 2 days!

A Joyful Chaos said...

How exciting! Hope everything goes really well for you.

Liz said...

Congratulations Jen!!!!!
I saw pictures of him, and he is absolutely adorable:) You lookk great as well.
lvoe you

The Reynolds said...

Waiting to hear!!!

anna said...

CONGRATS!! I'm SOO happy and can't wait to see him in a few weeks!! Love you all!

Pollock Family said...

We are so excited for you both and for your precious gift from the Lord. What an exciting time for you!!

May the Lord continue to bless your family,
The Pollocks

Bless the Lord, O my soul. O Lord my God, thou art very great; thou art clothed with honour and majesty. Psalm 104:1

Mary said...

I am so excited to see him!!

Jubilena said...

Ooooh! I see you had him! I can' t wait for the pictures! I would love to hear how it went.. I am fright behind you though not this week ~ I hope... I won't being a little early though!

May God bless you and your little guy! I hope your recovery goes great!

Popular Posts