Pages

Thursday, October 23, 2008

What's Going On Here!

I just wanted to give you all a little update of what's been going on around here. I've had a really busy week preparing for my parents, Aunt, Grandma and one of my dad's friends to come and visit. Our house will be really full so I wanted every room to be spotless and ready for them. I went through Brookie's room and packed away a ton of clothes that didn't fit her anymore and found some new ones that will fit her now that I forgot I had! That was a nice find. It was like Christmas, pulling out all of these new clothes with the tags still on them and everything! :)
This Sunday starts our annual Missions Conference at our church. It's a pretty amazing week, but takes so much preparation and work! Each classroom is elaborately decorated as a country, and everyone gets to walk through one room per night to look around and sample some food from that country. The teachers do such a good job decorating! The fellowship hall is also decorated as a country where we eat each meal. It takes a few weeks to decorate everything.
We also have a ton of music, so we've all been practicing like crazy. Robby, Joanna, Nate and I are singing, "Thank You for Giving to the Lord" after a play one night. We spent hours practicing that and "Arise My Love" that we are singing on Sunday morning. Last night I recorded the songs on the Clavinova and we practiced with it. They are coming together. They're hard songs since we only had the music for a solo and no more parts.
On Saturday before everything starts, we are all going to San Antonio again. My Grandma and Aunt have never been there. We're going to take the boat ride and look at the Alamo, then have dinner on the River. Monday we are having a girl day, which obviously only involves shopping and eating! :)


So, that's what's going to be going on in the next week or so. We will be physically exhausted at the end, but spiritually filled and refreshed!

I'll leave you with some recent pictures!

Gotta love Sonic! Daddy took her to get her own Cherry Limeade!

We are about a mile from Starbucks, so we walk up there a lot and this is us one night enjoying our drinks :)


I let her eat oatmeal by herself, so this is what it looked like at the end. She loved it though :)


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute pics! I'm so jealous of Mom and dad coming tomorrow! Wish I was coming to!
Give Brook kisses and hugs!

Jenna said...

You need to come after Alabama!!!

Anonymous said...

Ok, Do I have the cutest niece or what??? I miss her sooo much though!!! Love you...give her LOTS of kisses for me!

Tori said...

I love that last picture! So adorable!

Anonymous said...

Jenna, she is so big and so cute.

Anonymous said...

Cute pics Jen!!!! Brookie is so cute I wish I was going to Texas with Mom and dad!!

Tamra W. <3 said...

Hi Jenna! Brooke is so cute!I like the pictures.I hope you can come to AL.I will be looking forward to seeing you and Brooke!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenna! Brooke is so cute!I like the pictures . I hope you can come to AL. I will be looking forward to seeing you and Brookie!

anna said...

I see that you are wearing that purple shirt that I gave you for your birthday..it's cute!

Carolee's Corner Canary Islands said...

Sounds like a fun week. Nothing like having company to get your house organized. I need to have company more often!

Liz said...

She's So proud of herself! Cute pics....

Claire said...

I love these pictures! She is so so adorable! I cannot wait to see you guys in a week and a half!

Popular Posts