Pages

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

When is Christmas???

I'm a little confused.
On approximately September 28, I'm in Macy's and I turn the corner to get onto the elevator when, boom. There is Holiday Land. 20 decorated Christmas trees, hundreds of ornaments, millions of lights, wreaths, Santa's, Nativity's.
3 months before Christmas.
I was thinking about buying some fall decorations. My friend just decorated her house for Fall. It looks so beautiful, and I was inspired! There are no fall decorations, at least in that store right now. It was 7 days after summer ended and all the Christmas decorations were up. What about Halloween? What about Thanksgiving? Why must we totally bypass one of the prettiest seasons and jump right to Christmas?
I used to think that Christmas was on December 25. Now I'm not so sure. Somebody help me out!

6 comments:

Carolee's Corner Canary Islands said...

I know how you feel. I really don't feel like thinking about Christmas so soon. I am glad that here in the Canary Islands there isn't quite the push for Christmas like you see in the states. It diminishes the fall and Thanksgiving season if you ask me.

Anonymous said...

It's kinda like that up here too...they always like to go early with that holiday for some reason. It's pretty though! It is still on Dec 25th as far as I know!!!
Love ya!

Liz said...

I have seen christmas stuff, but lately I have been seeing SO much halloween stuff. But good point!

Anonymous said...

Ha that's funny it's so true they put everything out so early. Halloween and thanksgiving stuff is out in like July so then once Summer is over it is time for Christmas! They like for every one to buy stuff early when they haven't sent a lot of money on presents yet!

Sarah P said...

Uh ... last time I checked it was still December 25th :) :) Yeah, it's the same way down here - everythings decorated with Christmas stuff, I think they all forgot about Thanksgiving. Hey, you get presents on Christmas, not Thanksgiving!!!
Oh, and about Samantha's ultrasound, she should be getting another one, to make sure it's a girl. I already told her, not to count on the girl thing :) Rick is still hoping that the ultrasound was wrong :) I'll let you all know if it does end up being a girl.

Arianna said...

LOL, good point, Jen. I think people rush through Fall so fast that with the Christmas decorations and all, we just skip Fall and go onto Winter. Huh. At least here in Romania, other then candy, there's not a ton of Christmas stuff everywhere. Well, Halloween isn't big here, and obviously they don't celebrate Thanksgiving, so there's not a lot of other holidays anyway, so if they did bring Christmas early, I'd probably understand =)

Popular Posts