Pages

Monday, October 13, 2008

Beautiful Fall...

I miss it! My whole life I have LOVED summer, but I think that's because I've lived in NY where summer was the only relief from freezing cold. Now that I'm in a much warmer climate, I miss the crisp, cool air, driving down the parkway and seeing the gorgeous reds, oranges and yellows everywhere. I miss juicy, crispy, fresh apples and apple cider. I miss the smells of fall. I can't explain it--you just know that smell!

Here, the leaves don't change until February, if they change at all. There are 2 seasons: Summer and Winter. Summer consists of 90 degree nights and 105 degree days. Winter consists of 30-40 degree nights and 60-70 degree days. Although we have had some colder days than that, that's pretty much the average. I'm definitely a flip-flop wearing, short-sleeve loving, sun worshipping, warm weather girl, but now that I have that all the time, I miss the cooler weather. I never thought I'd say that! I've been burning "Home for the holidays", a pretty Yankee Candle that hubby got for me for Christmas. I'm burning it so my house smells like the holidays since it's still pretty warm outside. I'm also making fall type foods and going to get some fall decor up around my house. If I can't enjoy it outside, at least I can on the inside of the house!
And I'm also realizing...the grass is always greener on the other side! Those of you who still live in cold NY would love my weather. And right now, I would love yours.
Wanna trade?
At least for a month or so. After that, no thanks. Those bitter cold winter days are still fresh in my mind, and I don't miss them thank you very much!

9 comments:

Felicia said...

I agree with you Jen! You know how I LOVE fall! I am pretty glad I'm coming to TX in nov instead of oct this year so hopefully it won't be quite as hot as it usually is! I'm sure your house will look adorable with all your fall decorations!

Victoria said...

This is truly the time of year that I'm happy to be a Yankee!! I won't tell you what a gorgeous autumn day it is right now - if you won't tell me how warm it is in the middle of January!:)

Anonymous said...

I would miss fall too....I love this time of year. The leave change is beautiful!! At least you will be home for Christmas this year!! YEAH, I can't wait.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I couldn't agree more! With all of what you said! I love the cold weather until January 2ND then I'm ready for spring! I don't miss that bitter cold and scrapping my car off! I would be happy to go home just for all the holiday's... to be able to experience the fun of the season's!

Claire said...

Okay Vicki is too nice to tell you but I already told you how beautiful it was! This Fall has been the most gorgeous I can remember!! I have been loving it! When we come home from TX it will probably be freezing and Fall will be all gone :(((( But I have been loving it!

Julie said...

I am so with you Jenna. I miss fall so much. I appreciated it when I was in NY, but so much more now. I mean, we are still in the upper 80's! I would love some crisp, cool weather about now. But I will say, I don't miss the snow.

Tori said...

I just love fall! What a shame you don't have it around your area!

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on not missing the snow! But where I am I do kind of miss spring and fall... it just kind of goes from "warm summer" straight to "hot summer" over here. Not much change. I kind of miss it, but I guess that's what furloughs are for! :-)

Arianna said...

I love Fall too. Last year, it just went kinda from Summer to Winter and the leaves fell off before they could change colors. But this year, everything is so beautiful! When we drive though the switchbacks, it's really pretty back there. =)

Popular Posts