Pages

Friday, March 6, 2015

So this is Love...




(ORIGINALLY POSTED ON MONDAY, APRIL 25, 2011)


He was laying in the sand, mostly covered in it from the kids burying their daddy. The kids had lost interest and moved on to something else while I watched them, making sure they didn't wander too far away or go too deep into the water. Most of the morning had been like that and it was fine with me--we brought the kids to the beach for Easter weekend and I was more than happy to focus on them and make sure they were safe and having fun. I couldn't help but think of our honeymoon and the fun we had playing in the waves, his strong arms wrapped around me, keeping me from floating too far away from him. It's different now--we have kids to take care of and can't just leave them to fend for themselves so there was no swimming and playing for us yet.
 But he just looked so handsome and strong and I couldn't resist. I thought of our honeymoon and I didn't want that spark to be any different than it was at this moment.
 I jumped out of my chair, went and leaned over and started making out with my husband.
(Yes, I did. I'm married and we are allowed and as our Pastor says, "Christians should be the most making out couples in the world" :)
 Nate was surprised and laughed as I kissed him for a few more seconds and then ran into the water, squealing because it was so cold. He got out from under the pile of sand and ran after me, his blue eyes twinkling while he smiled and looked and me with so much love in his eyes I felt like my heart could burst. He wrapped his arms around me as he carried me a little deeper in to the water to protect me from floating too far away from him. My sister was with us so she kept an eye on the kids while we played in the the waves, getting sprayed with salt water, flirting, laughing and yes-kissing a little more. It was different than 5 years ago when we did it--my eyes wandered to the kids occasionally, making sure they were OK. We couldn't stay out there as long as we wanted, but the love and the passion between us was just as strong as it was when we were first married. Really, it's much stronger than it was then but sometimes it takes a little moment like that to realize it.
 Our lives get very wrapped up in our kids--feeding, bathing, entertaining, training and loving--but sometimes you just have to get up, realize the kids will be fine and go make out with that handsome man you married. Because he deserves it, you deserve it and your marriage deserves it.

1 comments:

Ak said...

Awww this is so sweet! :) I'm so glad I finally found your blog!

Popular Posts