Pages

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Real Mom Confessions

This post has been written after a conversation I had with friends in the nursery last night. It occurred to me that most of us feel alone in the every day grind, when chances are pretty high that another Mom is going through the same stuff you are, even though we all put on the brave "I've got this" face when we're out in public or representing our lives online.
 So, I'm here to confess my real life moments. Chances are you have your own current struggles, so feel free to tell me about it in the comment section! We aren't alone in this thing, and even though we love our children, love (almost) every moment with them and cherish being able to raise them, there are just certain times that we feel a little frazzled and at our wits end.
 That's where I'm at today so I'm sharing the not so good, bad and ugly.



 First of all, who ever thought up Daylight Savings anyway? While the idea of saving energy and making the most of the daylight hours is cool and everything, there were a few things the DST board of directors (totally made that up) did not take into account.

 1) Children
 2) Mother's of said children
 3) Children
 (just in case you missed number 1)

 Normally my kids aren't affected at all, but this time it's been taking them forever to settle down at night, and it's taking me forever too. I go to bed exhuasted but can't fall asleep until midnight, and the baby has been up more than usual and I'm just give me all the coffee so I can make it through this day.

Baby is not sleeping as well because he's either teething or sick, or both. He has officially been moved into his own room in hopes that he will sleep longer stretches of time, but the first night wasn't the greatest so who knows?! So between not falling asleep until midnight, getting up with a baby every few hours and waking up to help Brooke in the mornings before she leaves for school in the morning, I am totally beat. Bed time with the kids at 8 sounds heavenly.

Not sure if it has to do with the 3 batches of chocolate chip cookies I've made over the past few weeks, (!!) but I cannot for the life of me get the rest of the baby weight off. I know that nursing can inhibit weight loss and it really seems like that's what is happening this time around. I've done Trim Healthy Mama, I've counted calories, I've counted calories while doing Trim Healthy Mama, I work out 45 minutes a day and nothing. nada. I lose a few pounds and then right back up. So I'm pretty discouraged about that, which is probably why I can't stop baking and eating cookies, because I work so hard and what's the point? I haven't lost an ounce since October.

 As I was finishing up this post, my 3 year old peed outside and then laughed about it. It doesn't get more real life than that, folks!

Share your real life moments from this week, and it doesn't have to be all bad! Share the humorous, the crazy, the good, bad and the ugly. I promise I will love reading all of them!

Happy ALMOST FRIDAY!

8 comments:

Cara Cleghorn said...

Thanks for being real. I'm totally with you on the sleep thing. Levi's been waking up every 30-60 for months. I'm so tired, but so thankful that we have a real God who gives real grace to real moms.

Jenna said...

Cara, Waking up that often for months is NO JOKE. Definetly takes it's toll! Hugs!

Ak said...

It's good for me to know that other moms have "moments" too. And I'm only just beginning... oh boy! My 10 month old throws tantrums- like kicking and throwing her body on the floor. Oh my... I don't even know what to do but just watch in shock!

Heather said...

Well where do I start! Haha! My husband was subcontracted out this week and working from sun up to sun down literally! So I have been doing it all and working a full time job myself. Titus has been peeing everywhere....and pulling his diaper off with AHEM in it! He seems to love taking the toilet brush and rubbing it all over the bathtub caught him twice just yesterday. I don't know if it has to do with DST or not but Titus doesn't want to go to bed either every night this week it's been after 10pm he just screams when I hold him and screams when I put him down. My mother in law keeps them on Tuesdays and Thursdays at my house so it's a total wreck...I so needed that blog post I put up on IG. I'm letting it go...this morning I got up at 5:30a so I could take my kids to my sisters and before I even got the boys ready I read 3 chapters in my bible. I have learned this week I can't do it all and what does it matter if I don't get all the dishes done before the next day? I am away from my kids all day I am just going to take time and spend with them and with God. I can’t wait to sleep in tomorrow! (yeah right) :) oh and one more thing I got this cute skirt from sisterhoodcloset!!

Jenna said...

Alissa, I've been there! Amazing the strong will babies can have at such a young age! You're right, it's shocking! :)

Jenna said...

Heather, working Mom's are truly amazing women. To learn the balance of work/home/kids/husband's needs has got to be so tough. Making God and them the first priority is so great! Hard to let everything else go sometimes but well worth it. ;)

tibbah said...

Yes I have a hard time letting it all go and it seems even after 4 children it still bothers me when my house just doesn't look the way I want it or we can't find that piece of clothing we really wanted to wear because the laundry didn't get done.
Oh yes and my sweet girls never cease to amaze me. Gracelyn changes her clothes twice a day and then I have to spend time figuring out what's dirty and clean since she only wore it for 2 minutes.
So it looks like both girls are giving up naps which I wasn't ready for. However, they will have quiet time in their rooms ha
I could go on...
Yes & daylight savings time is so unnecessary I'll end for now :)

Jenna said...

Having nothing to wear because I didn't do laundry is a very normal thing around here!

Popular Posts