Pages

Monday, March 9, 2015

Modest Mondays: Layering

I am pretty sure that the entire country is sick of winter at this point. Wether your lows are in the 30's like us, or below zero like where I grew up, I think everyone is just ready to be done with layering, tights and boots. However, just hang in there-- I have a few cute ideas for you today to wrap up the winter season. I'm sharing 2 because I'm ready to start sharing spring outfits after this week... maybe it will prompt winter to go away. ;)

Both of these outfits are layered, which is great as the season slowwwllllyyy changes.

The first outfit I'm sharing today is from my friend Susanna. I like to think of her as family because we share nieces and nephews! ;)
 I love the nautical top Susanna is wearing. Normally I would think of anything nautical as a warm weather piece, but she paired it with a leather jacket and boots and it looks prefect for winter! And of course, we all know that long jean skirts and winter staples-so classic and can be worn with anything.


Outfit Details:
Leather Jacket: Wilson's Leather Outlet
Graphic Metallic Anchor Tee: Ross
Dark Denim Skirt: Cato
Boots: Shoe Dept.


Another layering idea is vests! These work really well for the warmer climate that I live in, or in the coming weeks when it's too warm for a jacket but you want something thicker than a cardigan. Add a scarf ( I love infinity scarves!) and a hat and you're all set.


Outfit Details:
Hat: Thrifted (is that gross? Ha)
Scarf: Gift (Target)
Vest: JCPenny (old!)
Top: Gift
Skirt: Cato
Boots: Ross

If you noticed, Susie and I both purchased our skirts at Cato--it's a really great place for Denim skirts. I just checked and they have several options right now, so check it out if you're in the market for a new one. Very reasonably priced, too!

 Hope the time change isn't messing up your sleep schedule as much as it's messing up ours... ;) Happy Monday everyone!

2 comments:

Ak said...

Very cute outfits! I used to buy jean skirts at Cato all the time. I love super long ones and have gotten my most recent ones at Maurices.

Jenna said...

I should check Maurices, never thought to look there!

Popular Posts