Pages

Monday, December 31, 2012

The Days After

I didn't remember how much I loved the days after Christmas until I experienced them again this year with my kids. No school, no busy holiday schedule and lots of new toys and games to play with. The house doesn't get 100% cleaned for a few days at least, because toys are being played with and haven't quite found a home yet. It's vacation, really! This week we had a tea party, played lots of games and laid around a lot--actually, I've been pretty sick this week and couldn't have picked a better time!










On Christmas morning I was too sick to cook our big breakfast, so I decided to do it New Years Eve morning instead. We invited Nate's parents and brothers over (along with his brother's girlfriend, a sweet new addition to our family!) for a big spread. I sense a tradition in the making!


Let me insert here that I've tried different cinnamon roll recipes (made my me or others) through the years and never have I had any like this. I'm not saying that because I made them--just because I followed a cinnabon copycat recipe that is to die for. If you make them, don't skimp on any of the butter or sugar. It seems like too much, but it's perfect. With the calories they have they are probably good about once a year, so make them as is and enjoy every buttery-sugary bite. Try the recipe here.

This week has been good, but I'm refreshed and ready to get back to a normal routine, as well as normal eating. I've been eating "clean" for close to 6 months and getting back to it is going to feel quite good. Tonight we're ringing in the New Year with family and friends, and for once I'm not hosting!The break will be nice!

 Happy New Year to all of you. Hope it's sweet. ;)

1 comments:

Ginger said...

The cinnamon rolls look beautiful! Praying your family is blessed this coming year!

Popular Posts