Pages

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Overwhelmed with Thanksgiving

"I feel overwhelmed with thankfulness with my whole life in general right now..." was one of my first thanksgiving text's this morning to a close friend. Overwhelmed is the only word I can think of to describe how blessed and thankful I feel. "My cup runneth over" might be another good way to say it.

This year we were able to travel out of state to visit my husband's grandparents who we haven't seen in over 4 years. It was a long 18 hour drive (during which, the kids were so good!! Another thing to be thankful about!) but it was something that my husband really wanted to do since they've never even met our kids. It's been wonderful spending time here and letting them get to know their other great grandparents, great aunts, uncles and 2nd cousins.

 This morning started with a trip to the grocery store to buy the ingredients for our famous, favorite stuffing that we make every year. Grandma P. was gracious enough to let me add it to her already long long list of delicious foods.
 Brooklynne has carried on the tradition of our favorite job at Thanksgiving--tearing the bread into small peices and putting it into the big bowl. This year was Joe's first year helping (he may have "helped" last year) but he was caught sneaking bites of bread so his job did not last long. ;)
 His sneaky little face with crumbs on it says it all!
(Above^^^) Working in the kitchen with my mother-in-law and grandmother-in-law was a special memory for me. I'm not sure if it will ever happen again so I enjoyed it today. :)

My cute little man while we were getting ready to take our Thanksgiving picture.

The table was set beautifully and the food was delicious. It's interesting to see what recipies other families come up with that we don't normally have! Smoked turkey, cranberry sauce, caramelized sweet potatoes (some of the best sweet potatoes I've ever had), "square potoatoes" (family name for a cheesy, creamy potato recipe), broccoli salad, garlic bread, stuffing and 2 sweet salads made with pudding, cookies, whipped cream, marshmallows, etc. I. Am. Stuffed.
The big, long, beautiful table. We don't often eat at such a long table with so many people on Thanksgiving so it was something different that I really enjoyed. :)

I hope your Thanksgiving was overhwhelming as well--in a good way!
Tomorrow Nate is taking me black Friday shopping-nothing too crazy early, just something I really enjoy the day after Thanksgiving. Bring on the Christmas season and all it's festivities!

2 comments:

Mar said...

Looks like you had a fun thanksgiving!
This year mom made the stuffing
before we came down, We were so sad:( I bet Brooke and Joe had fun though!
Your family picture is adorable!
Love and miss you,

Pollock Family said...

What a blessed time!! I'm glad you're overwhelmed. I am, too!!
Wonderful memories made.

BTW: Your little blessings are just too cute :)

Popular Posts