Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Ribs the size of Texas. Almost.

Columbus Day Weekend was filled with fun outings, boat rides, plates of beef ribs the size of Texas, glorious rain, birthday parties and saying goodbye. After a wonderful 5 day visit, my grandparents left to go back to N.Y. I am so glad that made the effort to come all the way down here just to visit us--it means so much to me and we had the best time!

The San Antonio River walk is, as always, the best place to take people who have never been here before. It's beautiful with lots of good places to eat and shop. Our first stop was The County Line where we devoured bbq like there was no tomorrow.
The kids coloring pages could be done with fingers--you didn't need crayons!
It was pretty cool!
Deciding what to order...ribs, sausage, brisket, mixed meat plate? Now that's a TX kids menu if I ever saw one. (They also offered chicken strips, hamburgers and corn dogs for the less adventurous among children)
A wonderful meal, the best family--what more could I ask for?
Don't let my thin, fit, beautiful Mother fool you. She can put down some ribs if she needs to! ;)
Grandpa getting his first taste of real TX bbq!
Seriously. I love NY but you can't get food like this there.
Me and my 3 babies on the beautiful river walk. (Joe is starting to get that fake smile down pat)
One of the first times I actually looked pregnant! 18.5 weeks--getting close to halfway :)
The kids patiently waiting for the boat which seemed to take forever to come. I think they were backed up because of the downpour we had that day. Trust me, NONE of us were complaining about the rain--it was such a relief!
Finally on the boat and ready for our tour.
My sweet girl
He finally crashed on Lydia's shoulder--it was so cute! He was so tired and would only go to Lydia and as soon as she got him he fell fast asleep. We put him in the stroller and he slept while we shopped--it was so nice. :)

Next time will be more of our weekend. I hope everyone is enjoying the beautiful Fall weather--I know we are!

3 comments:

Deb said...

I noticed Lyd's hair right away, Good job!! =) Glad you had a good time with G&G!
Don't worry, we'll b there soon and that's when the real party starts!!!! eee cant wait

Unknown said...

Oh my WOW! Those are some seriously yummy looking ribs!!! You definitely cannot get anything CLOSE to that big here in NY either. Looks like you are feeling good...YAY! Fun times. :)

Darlene Schacht said...

What a beautiful time! I lol'd at "Joe is starting to get that fake smile down pat." Too cute!

Popular Posts