Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Friends and Fondue

My sister-in-law Joanna recently gave birth to her 5th child--which in my book calls for a celebration! I've wanted to do a chocolate-themed-something for a while now, and this was the perfect excuse! A fondue fountain--surrounded by strawberries, pound cake, rice krispie treats, pretzels, marshmallows and pinapple--was perfect for a fun night with girl friends.


 My friend Hannah (Joanna's sister) was in charge of something fun we could do and give to Jo at the end of the night. She came up with an awesome idea to decorate a big felt storage box with flowers and creative things we would all make and sew onto it.
 She showed us how to make simple flowers and we started tracing, cutting, stitching and having a grand time.
 It reminded me of an Amish quilting bee--except we weren't quite experts, laughing about our mistakes and how inexperienced we were at this type of thing.
 Talking, laughing, all working together for a finished product--it was SO fun, even if we were a little confused at first!
 Beautiful new Mom five times over 
 The great master-mind behind it ;)

 Even little Bryan got in on the fun! :)
 Focus, focus, focus
 "I don't remember the last time I threaded a needle". Or something like that. 
 A pink pom pom and a pink nose.
 The chocolate was on all night, and we made several trips to the kitchen to get more...

Girl clothes are really so much fun. And so cute.

 Starting to come together!
 Liberty Love, the guest of honor at 2 weeks old.

 Some people are just way too creative. I am very proud that my flower is the "dot" for the "i" on Liberty. It is one of my biggest accomplishments in life.
 A darling little bib...
 Flowers and buttons and bows...a labor of love from all her friends that will be special for years to come!
 Congratulations to Joanna on baby #5 and for being a wonderful Mom to all of them!
 I'll end with this picture: Almost 18 weeks--starting to show a little more! :)
I hope this will prompt you to have a fun night with friends, whether it's 2 girls or 20. Women need each other, even if it's just an evening once or twice a year. To get away from the normal life and have a night without kids is a refreshing experience. A new baby, birthday, new season (think Fall!) is a great excuse to get together! Eat lots of sugar, plan a fun activity and talk and laugh the whole night. You won't regret it!

3 comments:

Deborah said...

That was so cute and sweet! Joanna looks great! I can't believe she has 5 kids now. You look beautiful in that last pic. I still can't believe how tiny you are at like 4 1/2 months.

Jolene said...

I SO enjoyed this post!!! Thank you so much for sharing. I knew Joanna was due around this time, but I had not heard the news that her little one was born. I'll e-mail her, but please give her a great big congratulations and hug from me!

Great job on the fun party! It was also fun to see so many familiar faces!

James and Emily said...

What a fun "girls" night! Can't go wrong with friends and chocolate... ;)

Popular Posts