Pages

Friday, August 20, 2010

Night's Alone...


I hate them. Nate is at a boy's camping trip this weekend.

It's 105 degrees with about 100% humidity.
WHO, may I ask, goes CAMPING in TX in the middle of August?

My crazy husband.

Because he loves the boys that he works with in the club ministry. It's their last camp out before school begins. You better believe that those kids were super excited to go sleep in tents, play football, go swimming in the lake and eat food cooked over a fire. I'm pretty sure my man would rather be sleeping in his own bed tonight in the cool air conditioning, but he has chose to sacrifice a little (or A LOT in my eyes) to do something the boys love and to be someone they can look up to as a great example.

Oh, and he brought an air conditioning unit for the tent. Who thinks of that but someone who works in engineering?

So, I'm alone on my Friday night and Saturday, but very happy that Nate can do something like this for the boys! And I tend to take after my Mother in the whole my hubby-is-gone-let's-party mode. :) My sweet MIL took me out to lunch, shopping and Starbucks today. Jason's Deli salad bar--the best! The Children's Place had an extra 20% off clearance, plus I had a 20% off coupon on top of that, plus it's tax free weekend. I paid thrift-store prices for brand new, name brand clothes for Joe! YAY!
After that I picked the kids up, made a gourmet dinner of fish sticks and tomatoes with ranch dressing, ran a mile pushing the kids in the jogger (my second work out for the day--still working off that NY pizza!), baths, jammies, bed for the kiddos, and now I'm going to fold laundry while watching a girlie movie.
And very happy that while my husband ministers, I'm ministering to him by "letting" him go and taking care of my children and house while he's gone.

And since any very random post is better with a picture, here's one from when we were in the Chicago Airport Children's Museum on our 3.5 hour layover on the way home a few weeks ago. If you ever have a long layover, try to plan it there! The museum was perfect for the kids to let out lots of energy, and soon after they took a nice nap in the stroller. :) And it was FREE! :)

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Sounds like So much fun!! Wish I could have been there to have a blast with you =)

mary said...

Sounds like fun!! Wish I could be there with you we would have so much fun :0)

Nomad said...

I hate being alone, too! But you're right, it's so worth it to know that such a little sacrifice is enabling our man to be used of the Lord the way He wants!
~Lisa

Popular Posts