Pages

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Boy V Girl

The differences between boys and girls, or any child for that matter, are so amazing to watch day in and day out. Of course as a Mom, I'm always comparing what Brookie did to what Joey is doing now and whoever said that men and women are the same (?) should watch my kids. They would repent of those beliefs quickly, I assure you.

At 10 months, Brookie wasn't quite crawling yet. She was a bit of a late bloomer. ;) She would sit and play quietly, content to let the world buzz around her while she watched. She didn't put anything in her mouth that wasn't food--not one single time. At bed and nap time she laid down silently and didn't make a peep. I would have to check on her every morning to see when she woke up because she hardly ever cried. She was very serious and not at all a "people person". She would sit in her stroller for hours on end while I shopped, and be pretty happy the whole time.
Joe is a totally different story. At 10 months, he's been crawling since before 6 months. He pulls himself up and walks along the furniture. He yells in between bites of food, demanding more food. He pounds on his high chair and laughs at himself. He wiggles out of the seat belts in the shopping cart, stands up and proceeds to tear clothes from off the racks. He smiles and waves at everyone--very much a people person. He is a big helper: empties all the silverware out of the dishwasher-- all over the house. Spoons are a big favorite to play with right now. He empties my dryer--while I'm putting wet clothes in.
He even empties the trash in my bathroom--all over the floor and proceeds to eat the used q-tips all while I'm trying to get ready for church.
So the part about never putting non-food items in the mouth? Yeah, we don't quite have that one down yet.

4 comments:

anna said...

OMW, what a difference!! Joe is hysterical!! I miss them both :)

Unknown said...

Haa haaa!!! Oh my goodness...my Hannah was your Joey. Jacob is the exact opposite of Hannah...EXACTLY!!! I was laughing the whole time I was reading.

I love to read your posts! Take care and have fun with your babies...they grow so very fast!!

Unknown said...

Too funny!

Ted Snyder said...

I love the way you write! That is exactly what we saw between Jillian/Emmaline and Matthew! What commotion and messes he brought to our home. Enjoy! -Dawn

Popular Posts