Pages

Friday, August 27, 2010

11 Months!

On Sunday my little man turned 11 months old! To me this is a big milestone. It's the last time you'll always be referring to them in "months". I always get very sentimental about my babies growing up. I just can't help it! While I love each stage, it's hard to let time just fly on by without feeling a little disappointed that it hasn't slowed down a bit. Actually, as I get older, time just seems to go faster!


My little guy has a new nick-name: Nuke (or any variation thereof like Nuker, Nuker Duke, Nukie, etc). It is short for "nuclear bomb", because the havoc he causes is about equivalent to one! :) I love his personality though--he is so different from his sister and it's great because he's such a boy! He's already started terrorizing his sister--latest pastime is pulling her hair. :) He's very good natured and I'm blessed with a very happy baby! He just gets into things and is very busy!
Favorites:
Foods: BREAD! He is SUCH a bread lover! He'll eat it plain or as a sandwich....but he definitely loves bread. :) Other than that, he loves just about anything! He ate half an avocado the other day for lunch, broiled fish and brown rice for dinner last night and he goes through lots of bananas. :) I can't really think of anything he doesn't like. He does little happy dances in his high chair just about every time he eats--yes, he takes after his Mother: he loves to eat!
Toys: Right now, he really loves spoons. Which are not toys, but are easily accessible to him when I'm loading the dishwasher.
People: Joe is such a people person. He smiles and waves hi to just about anyone he sees!
Tricks: Has been crawling since just under 6 months, pulling himself up since 6.5 months, walking along furniture since about 7 months, feeds himself finger foods, waves (9.5 months), and recently started clapping. He's also started copying words like "all done," and it's so cute to hear.
He loves to laugh and wrestle with daddy. Daddy loves having a little boy that he can rough up, and Joey just eats it up! He is so loud--hoping that he funnels his loudness into being a preacher someday. :)
These pictures were taken on Sunday, the day he turned 11 months. He wouldn't sit still for even 1 second so I just got him in action. His green shirt is one I just got a Children's Place for $0.70 cents! Woo Hoo!
Happy 11 Months my little Joseph! I love you little man!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh wow...he is getting SO BIG!! They do grow fast, don't they???

Enjoy EVERY MOMENT!

Blessings to you and your little family! :)

anna said...

omw, he's soo cute and grown up! I miss that little guy :)

Julie said...

First off, he looks so much like your dad. I never saw it until now. So adorable. Secondly... 11 months?! When did THAT happen? Time for another one Jenna... ;)

Popular Posts