Pages

Friday, May 16, 2008

One of those days...

Yesterday was one of them.
First of all I was still really tired from my trip so when I went to work I was the worst nanny ever I think. I watched the kids play without adding any input or enthusiasm and then when they went in their rooms for quiet time after lunch I conked out on the couch for about 30 minutes. I had a headache and cramps (the joys of not being pregnant--but I'll take it) and on top of it Brooke still wasn't feeling good so she was fussy and clingy.
The hours dragged on because I was so wiped out and when I came home I put Brooke to bed and fell into bed to take a nap. My house was a wreck but I didn't even care, which is rare for me. Brooke woke up screaming, which she never does, wouldn't eat and continued to whine on and off, with intervals of screaming.
This is when you have to pray for wisdom. She was just getting over a fever, still has a cold, is probably teething...so is she like this because she is sick or because she's being bad?
Ok, who knows and at the time I didn't really care.
We were planning on going on a date and I called Nate to tell him that I really didn't want to; I was so frustrated and felt like there could be a better night to do it than tonight. I told him to just make a decision and he texted me a little while later and said "we are still going. I think it will be good for both of us."
Thank God he said that. Little did I know, he had a very bad day at work too--everything was going wrong and he made some (was he said) dumb mistakes. (I tried to tell him that he was being to hard on himself and that he's human and everyone makes mistakes!)
So, around 6:30, our babysitter showed up and Nate and I left.
I think from the moment I walked out the door I didn't even care about my whole long, drug out day because I was so happy to be going out with him and no screaming child!
It took us a while to decide where we wanted to go, but eventually we went to P.F. Chang's, which is an expensive, nice Asian restaurant. The food is not like typical Chinese. It's hard to describe but it was excellent and that's all that matters!
Afterwards we went to the mall to look for an outfit for me. We laughed and talked and walked together. When I tried a dress on that looked really cute on the hanger (but NOT on me), Nate looked at it and said, "It looks like it started out as a really good idea, but somewhere along the line somebody dropped the ball."
Of course I laughed and hung it back up. I didn't find anything, but I'll take a rain check. :)
When we got home, Brookie was in bed and we had the rest of the night to ourselves. Hallelujah!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWW....sounds like such a fun night!!

Unknown said...

I love PF Chang's! Glad your day ended better than it started.

Popular Posts