Pages

Monday, October 1, 2007

Cake Vent!

Today I was making a beautiful homemade chocolate pound cake for our family night.I made the mistake of putting it into a spring form pan instead of a bunt pan. The spring form pan had a pretty top insert and I thought that would look nicer. Well, what do you know, here come the cake, oozing out all over the oven. At this point, I put it on a cookie sheet. Well, it continued to ooze and I knew that it was ruined. I WAS MAD. At myself, the cake, the pan and the oven. I was mad because I wasted so many ingredients. So, here I go to make another cake! This one turned out good but it was a frustrating process. :) Anyway, I'm happy now cause my second cake turned out perfect and we will eat it tonight.
Thank you for listening! :)

4 comments:

Damon Matacchiera said...

Sorry your first cake didn't turn out like you wanted! I can just imagine how you were feeling with all that batter dripping everywhere! If Nate's anything like Damon, once he found out, he'd have scrounged at the scraps and ate them anyway!! He does that everytime I "flop" an angel food cake... which is EVERY time I try to make one! Poor guy. He loves angel food cake, too. Anyway, I'm sure Nate appreciated all your effort! Do we get a picture of the finished masterpiece? :-)

Anonymous said...

Poor ling!! I hate when that happens! Then it seems like you are baking ALL day and the kitchen gets soo messy, at least around here;).
Love and miss ya!
anna

Jenna said...

Actually, I was thinking about taking a picture of the cake, all pretty with confectionary sugar on the top and on a pretty cake plate, but I forgot! :( It was SOOO yummy though!

Anonymous said...

YUM! So excited to finally see a post on here!

Popular Posts