Pages

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Missions Conference


Our missions conference is coming up this Sunday. The MC has a very special place in my heart, seeing that 4 years ago is when I walked in CCBC for the very first time. I was kind of nervous, but everyone seemed really, really friendly and made me feel at ease. We waited in line to eat dinner and I still remmeber what I put on my plate that night: meatballs, salad and some egg noodles. I found a seat next to my dad and sat down. A younger college guy came down and sat next to my dad and started talking to him. My dad was sititng on the end and there was still one more seat available when all of the sudden the best looking, blonde haired blue eyed young guy that I had ever seen in my life came and sat directly across from me. I was shocked. I had never seen such rare beauty in a male before and I couldn't eat. I definately couldn't look at him! So I sat there, like an idiot, and picked at my food.
Throughout the week, Nathan and I talked a little and I was enthralled every time I talked to him, but I knew I couldn't like him because he was with another girl. I was pretty sure that she was the luckiest girl in the whole world and I thought, "too bad I won't ever get a guy like him! He's a knockout, loves God, respectful, sweet, athlectic and not a goof ball!" It was amazing--like I had just met the perfect guy. I was sad to leave that week, but I wished him and his girlfriend the best and we went on our way.
The next year as we were flying to Texas, I wondered if Nate was married yet, or almost ready to be. I was kind of in my own world walking down the stairs at the airport and to the luggage when I turned around, and there he was!
"Hi, Jenna."
Oh my GOSH!!! He remembered my name! Wow! I didn't think he would give me the time of day, and yet he actually acknowledged me!
A group of us went to eat right after that and we got to talk a little more. Later I found out that his girlfriend broke up with him. I felt bad that it didn't work out for them, but more importantly, I thought that she was extremely stupid for dumping him. (I later found that there were some family situations that forced her to do that and she really didn't want to)
A few days later, my dad told me that Nate had asked to court me. I started crying! I couldn't believe it! What a wonderful God that he would bring us together!
The rest is history. We are now crazy in love and have a beautiful baby girl. God is so good to us!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

SOOOOOO cute though!! You could write a romance book with that story! So heart touching.
anna

Jenna said...

oh sure what about you though? well, sorta :)

Liz said...

I think that anna could... you need to ask her about what I said.. You will HOWL!
That was a sweet story jen....sniff sniff..:)

Anonymous said...

SO touched! Someday I may have such a story to tell!

Damon Matacchiera said...

It's so special that the Mission's Conference at your church holds such dear memories for you! Not only a spiritually uplifting time, but brings a touch of romantic reminicing. :-) I love hearing stories like this! I'm not sure I ever heard your story from your point of view. Deputation had us "out" more than in! Thanks for sharing!!

Popular Posts