Pages

Monday, January 12, 2015

Modest Mondays: Dressing up the Basics

I'm going to start a series called "modest Mondays" in which I may or may not faithfully post modest outfit ideas each week. This is totally out of my comfort zone, but modesty is something that is very important to me, and looking cute and feminine at the same time is so fun!
I will include some special guests from time to time (aka my beautiful sisters) as well. We would love to show that being modest doesn't have to be frumpy--you can look stylish, while pleasing God at the same time!

You will see a lot of Thrifted clothes--dressings cute does not have to be expensive! If it's not thrifted, we get a lot of our clothes used off Instagram shops (and have our own shop as well; check it out here!), or clearance racks. 

Disclaimer:
Ok--I felt totally weird trying to pose for these pictures. I will spare you the "outtakes".  ;)Let's just say Nate and I were laughing pretty hard at the end! I'm not a fashion model by any means. Ha. 

 Another disclaimer (are you asleep yet?): I am trying to be more accepting of my post baby body. Even though I'm not where I want to be yet, I'm doing the best that I can and am SO privileged and blessed to be able to carry and mother children. I am fearfully and wonderfully made, and part of learning to be more accepting of the way God made me is posting pictures like this. Thanks for helping me along in the journey in learning to be content with the temple God gave me, while working to get to where I would like to be. I hope that makes sense!

So without further ado... my first Modest Monday Post!

This week is a pretty basic outfit. Black and white isn't really a favorite of mine, but I loved it with some colored tights and a scarf for a pop of color!



My MIL knows my style well--the scarf was one of my Christmas presents from her. Isn't it adorable?!

Love these basic flats with a little sparkle

Details:
Cardigan: Old Navy
Cream top: Target
Scarf: Gift
Skirt: Thrifted
Tights: Gift
Shoes: Ross

Please let me know if you enjoy this sort of thing so I know if I should continue or not! I enjoy seeing outfit posts so I thought maybe you would too. ;)

8 comments:

The Skinny on Staci said...

I would really enjoy this series. :) I am fashion-impaired and only know to copy what I see others do. Lol I grew up in jeans and khakis. I changed over to skirts in the fall of the year 2000 after my husband was called to preach. I became the queen of denim and ugly shirts. Ha! In the last couple years, I have switched to lots of knit skirts because they are way more comfy than denim when you have a belly. Blah. Plus, most of them are super cute! You look adorable! I am lately trying to accept the body I'm in while trying to change it, which will be a long and slow process!

Jenna said...

Yes...comfy maxi skirts are my go to on almost a daily basis! There will be tons in this series, haha!

Billie Sloan said...

Love it, Jenna! I feel very passionate about modesty too and am excited about this series. You go, girl!!! (BTW, you are gorgeous!!!)

Tereza said...

Love this idea! Hope u keep doing it and you look beautiful!

Jenna said...

Thanks so much ladies!

James and Emily said...

What a great idea! Looking forward to your posts! And by the way.... your post-baby-body looks great! ;)

Deborah Niskin said...

Great idea Jenna! I buy modest clothes for my daughter, her daughters and myself. When I went to tour site it seemed that I was looking at skirts which were already sold. Maybe I just don;t know how to navigate…...

Jenna said...

Deborah, there are several items on there not sold. Do you have an Instagram account? :)

Popular Posts