Pages

Monday, June 24, 2013

Princess Tea Party

On Brooke's actual birthday, we spent most of the day driving all over town looking at houses. We did start off her day with doughnuts, she got McDonalds for lunch, and I made her requested birthday dinner: Macaroni and Cheese (homemade, of course), bbq chips, grapefruit, apples and clementines. For dessert, chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and rocky road ice cream. She kept saying she was so happy, but in my eyes it wasn't exactly all about her with us running all over the place all day and the house a construction zone with boxes piled everywhere. I love to make birthday's really special for my kids, so I really excited about her princess tea party with her friends in a few weeks that she had requested.

 I'll be honest--I didn't put much planning into this one but it ended up perfect. A Dollar Store run for basic party favor bags to fill with candy, cookies and girly notepads, tierra's and wands, did some simple menu planning (what kids like best!) and everything else was compiled with what we already had. My Mother-in-law came and helped me out which was a huge blessing!


I set out jewelry, extra princess clothes, lotion, body spray and lip gloss for the princesses to get extra pretty if they desired


We used real China, and it's special to me because it was my Grandmother's. She died when I was a few weeks old, so it's something of hers that I'll always treasure. The tablecloth was from a thrift store--perfect touch!

The tea was sweet tea bought in gallon jugs at the grocery store. I didn't want to mess with hot tea for an outdoor party when it was 90 degrees. We ate sandwiches cut into small quarters  fruit, snack mix and cheetos. Because, duh. Every princess needs her cheetos.






The games were ones I played at my birthday parties growing up and still remember how fun they were. Pin the Tail on the donkey and musical chairs. I resisted the urge to jump in and play myself.



After several attempts to light the candles outside, we went inside where they stayed lit and we sang "Happy Birthday"

Princesses and Presents


This day was so much fun, and I know Brookie is thankful for all of her great friends!


1 comments:

The Skinny on Staci said...

Awwww, so sweet! And looks like all of her friends felt like true princesses!!!

Popular Posts