Pages

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Kindergarten Graduation

Our girl graduated from Kindergarten last week. We made it through our first year of homeschool (with flying colors, thanks to God's grace!) and I'm so thankful at the great year we had. 
"They come in knowing nothing, and they leave reading, writing, adding..."said the school Kindergarten teacher, and it is truly amazing. Even now, she's continuing to write more, sound out more words, and read more in her Bible.

The graduation started out with an adorable little play about chicken pox, which was totally cute and made us all smile and laugh. After that they quoted the books of the Bible, Bible verses and sang a song. They did a video of what Bible character they would be if they could, what they wanted to be when they grew up and who they wanted to thank. 
"I would want to be Sarah, because she had a lot of faith," Brookie said. "When I grow up I want to be a photographer just like my Mom." And then I cried, of course.





After their singing they received awards and their diploma. In 12 years I'll see this same sight except she'll be almost 18 and ready for college. I don't want to think about that right now!

Presenting the Kindergarten teachers with gifts and flowers. Even though we homeschooled, we were really blessed to work closely together with Mrs. P., and I'm really thankful that she was so gracious in allowing us to be included in field trips and especially this graduation!


After the ceremony we had a little party at Nate's parents house for Brooke and Trinity. There was food and cake and presents and lots of fun. We gave her money to buy a little digital camera (which she's been wanting for a long time) and this was her face when she opened her card. ;)



She will be 6 on Saturday. SIX. That sounds so old, but of course so does every "next age" that they aren't yet. I am so proud of the great attitude she had this year, even when it got a little tough and for how hard she worked! Happy Graduation baby girl!

1 comments:

The Skinny on Staci said...

I forgot their bdays were so close! Brylie will be 6 on Friday. How precious that Brooke got to be part of the graduation ceremony. Precious. We are still schooling... always behind! Lol I figure as long as we finish, I'm okay! :)

Popular Posts